• Power •

Chapter six: Power

My pace were slow. Awfully slow. As I make my way to the King's court. Where the officials and other trusted men of the King would do as they were told.

I know what awaits for me on the King's Court. And I'm not ready.
I've been there for many times—but not as someone in question. The only difference it would make, was the fact that I am innocent.

"You don't have to do this, Your Majesty. We can cancel and tell them you're sick." My Court Lady said. Sounding as worried and scared as I am. But I only sighed and gave her a slight nod.

"I must face what's coming. Backing out of it would only give the impression of fear. A Queen do not fear." I muttered.
"Because the Queen...should be the one being feared."

"A Queen is the one being feared." The
beautiful Lady Ahn muttered. As she poured a freshly made tea to her daughter's cup.

The then nine year old child smiled and took the thing her Mother made with
so much care and love.
Sipping carefully on her cup's rim. Tasting the perfectly made tea and the scent that came with it.

The taste is incredible. Out of ordinary.

It was no doubt that the Lady of the Ahn's Household is indeed a great woman.

"Is that why the Queen dowager and the current Queen never showed emotions, Mother?" The young lady Ahn asked. Putting the cup down. Earning a soft laugh from the woman.

Lady Ahn of Ahn Household gently tucked loose strands of hair to the kid's small ears.

"We can say that."  Lady Ahn said, giggling at the beauty of her daughter.
"But sometimes, we must remember that we are only human. Capable of being hurt and scared."

"Why do you keep telling me all these?" The child asked. "And why are we always at the Palace? Why can't we bring my brothers? And why can't we see Father when he's here too."

There were too many question for a nine year old to ask.
But the woman gave one warm smile, "Your father works for the King, and in time of duty, he must dedicate all those time to the nation. Thus we can't intervene with him. While your brothers are busy for their own lessons. Have you not heard that your Oraboni will be entering Sungkyungwan?"
After that, the woman look far from the child's sight.
Eyeing the court ladies doing their part in the palace.

Before she answered, "Someday...you'll be one of those ladies that serve this country. And when that happen, you must know when to  be brave and when to be weak, for a right reason." Lady Ahn turned back to the child and smiled, as her child's name slipped from her lips.
"Hyun Ae-ah...do you understand me?"