18.

I'm still beaming during the whole car ride home

I'm still beaming during the whole car ride home. The sleeves of my sweater are rolled up and I can't stop smiling.

"It's still going to be there tomorrow, you know?" Jace laughs at me.

"I know, I know" I say and finally roll my sleeves back down. 

I have the feeling Jace is just as happy as me, almost as if he's proud of his girl. But I'm not his girl, am I? I think we're far away from that conversation. Jace isn't the relationship type, at least that's the impression he gave me. After everything that happened today, I decide to give myself a break from thinking.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jace puts his hand on my upper leg gently.

"Nothing" I lie and smile at him. "I'm just happy."

"Good" he answers and leaves his hand where it is, as if it's the most normal thing in the world.

It all feels so right with him.

We arrive at the store about ten minutes later. No wonder we have to stop here, judging by Jace's fridge yesterday. 

"So, what are you making?" I ask him, as he grabs a shopping cart.

"I make a pretty good lasagna. Vegetarian of course" he says grinning. "Is that something you'd eat?"

"Yeah" I answer, as we enter the supermarket and grab everything we need.

"Anything else you'd like, something to drink or a snack?" he asks me genuinely, warming my heart.

I bet he never took the other girls to the supermarket, asking them that.

"I'm fine, thank you" I answer smiling at him.

Jace pays without even letting me protest. In the car his hand finds my upper leg once again, as if it's part of our routine now. 

We get to his apartment only ten minutes later and start unpacking the groceries. I grab the tomato sauce and stand next to Jace, waiting for him to give me orders.

He looks at me questioningly. 

"Fuck no. You're banned from the kitchen. Sit" he says and I laugh. 

I do as I'm told.

"Are you sure?" I ask out of natural, polite behavior.

"Yes, I'm sure" he answers with his back to mine. "Are you worried that I'm not a good cook?" he asks me, while heating up the pan.

"I can judge in a little while" I laugh a little.

I admire Jace as I watch him. He has a kitchen towel over his shoulder like a real professional and as he cuts the food his muscles are showing all over his body. I love his bad boy side no doubt, but this side really suits him too. 

"Jace?" I ask him as he sits down at the table with me, once he puts the lasagna in the oven.

"What's up?" he asks, looking at me while pouring me and himself a water.