25.

Dave

It's been a few weeks since I've seen or heard from Ryan. Hell I knew she would be hurt but part of me hoped that we could still be cordial for the sake of Kairi. I've barely seen her too and it's been killing me, today was the day of the DNA test and a nigga was nervous as hell. Chris wasn't too happy with me when he heard about this broad, he has always been team Ryan right along wit Brooke. So I was surprised he came wit me, once they swabbed my mouth the put it in the little bag and I left. I still haven't talked to my grandma nor my "so called" mom. My personal life was falling apart right before my eyes, but I kept my composure while I was at work. My heart ached at the thought of losing Ryan and our family, I loved her and Kairi to death. And it hurt me that I could only see my daughter through instagram pictures. So Brooke was watching Kairi while Ryan worked, and even though Brooke hated me, she let me see Kai. So when we pulled up at they crib we hopped out and made our way inside. When we walked through the front door all you could hear was Brooke and Kai tryna sing, well Brooke was Kairi just hollered back. I chuckled at the sight as tears came to my eyes, Brooke brought her to me and I embraced her in a hug. The tears fell from my eyes as I kissed her forehead,"daddy missed you so much, and I love you." I said smiling through the tears. She was starting to look more and more like me as she got older.

Ryan

I had asked B to watch my chunk while I sent off these emails and took Santana my assistant to drop off packages at the post office. It took a few hours but now I was on my way to them. I called to check on her a few times and everything was fine. Once we made it to my house Santana said bye and left. And since Chris and Brooke lived next door I didn't have to drive anywhere. I walked over and knocked before walking in,"hey hey!" I hollered gaining Chris's attention. "Hey sis." he said greeting me with a hug. "Nothing much where's Brooke and Kai?" I asked looking around.
"They went to the grocery store to get dinner. They should be back soon but can I talk to you?"
I was tired of hearing that question cause it's typically followed up with bullshit. "Sure." I said taking a seat.
"Bro hasn't seen Kai the last couple of weeks?" he asked. I shook my head and said,"nope. He has a lot going on and I don't want my child around it." I folded my arms cause I was already annoyed with this conversation. "Ryan you know I love the both of y'all, but I don't think Kairi should have to suffer from the problems you guys are having." I knew he was right but my pride was a motherfucker. "I know.. I'll handle it." I said getting up when I heard the front door open. But when I went to the door it wasn't just Brooke, Dave walked in with Kairi in his arms. I was slightly upset cause he failed to mention that Dave was with her. I greeted Brooke and went straight to Dave reaching out for my baby. He handed her to me and I said my goodbyes ready to go home.
When I was headed out the door he called my name,"Ryan lemme holler at you real quick." I stopped waiting for him to catch up to say whatever he had to say and I could leave. "I know we ain't on good terms but can I please see her more? I don't care if it's supervised just please?" I knew he was hurting from all this but me too. "Yeah, just let me know when." I said not making eye contact. Then out of nowhere he hugged me whispering thank you over and over again. I simply nodded and headed home. I was sleepy as hell and I knew I had a lot to do before I could go to sleep, it was almost 8 and I was rushing to get me and Kai together. I quickly took a shower as she sat in the bouncer that I put it the bathroom. Once I got dressed I put her in the bath tub. She wasn't in there long, due to it slowly becoming cold outside. I put her in some footie pajamas and brushed her hair. I fed her and put her down by 9:20 so I all I had to do was eat and go to sleep. I decided to eat a salad since I was on this healthy kick. Once I cleaned up our mess I went straight to my room climbing into the bed snuggling up to my baby.

Dave

When I made it home I saw I had a package on my doorstep. I opened it once I got inside and realized it was the results from the DNA test. I became nervous as my fate was on a piece of paper, I knew how this broad was. She had 4 other kids and all they daddies on child support and being that I own multiple businesses she was gonna try to take everything I got. I opened the envelope and took out the papers I skimmed through the writing to find was I was looking for.

Probability of paternity 0%.

I let out a sigh of relief and thanked the lord. Part of me wanted to call Ry but I knew that wouldn't change anything between us. This wasn't what I envisioned us being like a year ago. Cause since Kairi has been on this earth me and Ryan haven't been together and Kai is about to be 6 months old. I wasn't giving up on my family, I don't care what it takes ima right my wrongs.

-
Dave ain't da pappy. Will Ryan forgive him now? Or is it too late? Find out next time on Dave and Ryan's complicated ass love story 😂