Sleep deprivation

Spooktober. 17

*3RD POV*

Tony woke up from his first good sleep in a while to FRIDAY.

"Sir it appears Mr. Parker is outside." "Shit. Again? Is he ok?" "I detect no injuries. His heart rate is high and he seems shaken up though." "Ok..."

Tony threw on a shirt and pants and stumbled out of his room. He went through the tower on his way to the door but stopped when he saw Peter in the kitchen. He sat at the table holding his head and shaking a bit.

"Pete?" "O-oh sorry Tony! I- I should've called but I- Um- FRI let me in. I c-can leave if you want-" "Kid. You're fine. What's up?" Tony took a seat next to him.

"Uh- no-nothing." "So May knows you're at my tower and 3:30 in the morning? You wouldn't mind if I called her?" "No! Don't!" "Did you guys get in a fight?" "No..." there was a moment of silence. Tony could see dark circles under Peter's eyes. He looked miserable. He looked as if he could break any second.

"You know you can talk to me, right?" He suddenly looked guilty. "Y-yeah." Peter rubbed his eyes, yawning. "How long has it been since you've slept?" He gave Tony a deer in the headlights look.

"Yes, I can see the circles under your eyes. I can see sleep deprivation a mile away, kid. I'm an insomniac."

"It's been uh... a few days?" "You don't know." Tony pointed out obviously. Peter shook his head in shame. "Um... Maybe a week." "What're you doing all night Underoos? You need your sleep," he said playfully nudging him.

He seemed so tired, he couldn't hold himself up any longer. He leaned against Tony's shoulder. "I just can't sleep..." "What's going on. Too much Spider-Man?" He just shrugged. "Too much homework?" "N-no. I normally get that done around 11:30... it's not too late. I do Spider-Man for around an hour and a half..."

'That still isn't enough sleep,' Tony wanted to say. Despite that, he urged him to continue. "I get back to the apartment around 12:30 or 1. That should be around 5 to 6 hours of sleep... b-but... I get nightmares. I wake up eventually. Every single night. I couldn't take it anymore and I stopped sleeping as much." Tony sighed.

"I-I know. It's weak. I'm a superhero. I'm supposed to to be able to do this stuff-" "Kiddo. I still have nightmares. It comes with the job. It sucks but... we talk about it with our friends, ya know?" Peter just hummed. "You can talk to me if you want. Unless you're not comfortable talking to me. That's understandab-" "No. I-I can talk."

Peter hesitated for a second.

"I-It was about Mysterio... and watching you... you know..." taking about his death made Tony's hair stand on end. He had panic attacks for months after it. When he came back, Peter was depressed. He blamed himself for his death and he trusted Mysterio. That ass wipe used his good morals and trust against him.

"Go on..."

"He-he came back and I- I had to watch everyone I love die again. I had to watch you again, and Beck told me how it was my- my fault again. The dream keeps repeating and I don't know what to do. I keep annoying MJ and Ned about it. I text them at like 3 in the morning to see if they're ok. There's been multiple times where I wake up May to make sure she's ok. She has double shifts all the time yet I can't stop myself from waking her up to make sure she's alive."

"Peter it's fine that you do that. You're just making sure they're ok. You have an excuse bud."

"Yeah..." "Come here Anytime you want kid. I can text May. How about you take the day off school and we just tinker in the lab, huh?" "Y... Yeah that sounds like fun. MJ might kill me for skipping deathlacon again."

"...Speaking of MJ..." Tony cackled at Peter's exasperated groan. "C'mon kid you gotta tell me how that's been going!" He wiggled his eyebrows. "Ew Tony gross!" He shoved Tony's shoulder. "What? Don't worry Pete! It's normal to have sexual feelings~" He joked. "It's not like that!" "Of course it is Pete. You're dating! You guys are adorable together!" "Tonyyyy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words- 745

Welp this week was fucking awful. So Glad it's over (I don't have school Friday's hehe)