CHAPTER NINE

He tapped his fingers on the table, not sure what to do now. He had made the decision not to go to school today but as the seconds became hours he wondered if he had made the right decision. He looked down at his cell phone, the thought of calling his father for some advice didn't seem too bad but that stigma that clung to him made it impossible since he hadn't seen Mr. Isayama or that sadistic bastard, Naofumi for a full week now.

He popped the last of the bonbons Rui had made for him before leaving in his mouth and started pacing. Everything had been perfect before now and it all just vanished that morning. "I'm Maso-kun's girlfriend". Rui's words kept ringing in his ear making him feel all the more terrible. Wasn't he the one that said he loved her? Then why was he trying to get rid of her? Was he even trying to get rid of her?

"I'm pathetic," he said to himself. He couldn't remember clearly what happened that first night but he was almost sure he had invited Rui in then. He was completely lost in thought but rushed to the door when he heard the knob turn. "Rui!"

Rui smiled at him and ran to hug him. "Why didn't you tell me you weren't coming to school?" She placed a kiss on his lips before kicking off her shoes. "I was miserable without you around."

Without thinking, he braced her against the wall and ripped her shirt. "I missed you too, Rui." He kissed at her neck and his hands set about groping her. "I was miserable knowing you were that far away from me."

Rui was surprised by his impulsiveness but she stopped him. "Tell you what, you get yo have me when we come back, okay?"

Masato's brow furrowed. "We're going somewhere?"

She took out a pair of tickets and waved them infront of him. "I want us to go on a date."

His hands dropped to his sides. "A date?"

Rui nodded. "I want you to see that we're a real couple and I want everyone else to see as well." She brushed his hair back. "I want everyone to know I'm yours."

"But aren't you worried our friends might see us like that?"

"If we love each other then who cares what they think?" She pressed her head against his chest. "If they can't accept us then they weren't our friends in the first place."

How can she talk like that? he thought. He looked down at his pass-worn pyjamas. "I'll go change."

Rui smiled. "I'll be waiting."
..................................................................................
"That was fun!" Rui said, twirling herself for Masato to catch her. "We should go the movies more often."

Masato's shoulders slumped. "Next time, could it not be a romance? I think I've seen enough for one lifetime."

Rui pouted. "Hey, you could learn a thing or two from watching romances, you know. Right now you're about a four on the hopless romantic list."

"I clearly remember you saying you were my girlfriend before now."

She held on to his arm. "I did. Doesnt mean your charms got me to fall in love with you."

He grimaced. "That hurt."

Rui giggled. "Don't worry, I'll help you know how to mesmerize me."

Masato smiled and patted her on the head. "Okay, you're just making me feel bad."

"Where are we going next?"

"I thought you said you had the entire evening planned."

She put a finger to her chin and pulled him over. "You're my boyfriend now so if I can't think of something fun to do, you have to."

"You're making this sound like a job." Be reached for his phine to see if Mr. Isayama had returmed any of his messages. "Speaking of that, have you spoken to dad lately?"

Rui suddenly stopped and a fearful expression crossed her face.

"Is something wrong?"

She looked away from him but came back smiling. "No, not at all. He just said he'd be gone for a few days."

Masato pursed his lips. "I don't get it, he never said anything to me and he's not returning any of my calls."

"Let's see whats happening over there!" Rui half-shouted before running off to a crowded stage.

What was that? He was about to go after her but a pair of burning eyes locked with his froze him in place. Akari, in her uniform ran towards him. She looked mighty upset with him and he was even more suprised when she slapped him.

"You monster!" she screamed at him. "You inconsiderate... dumb..." she couldn't stop herself from breaking down into tears and she just thumped her hands against his chest with every word she could manage to expel from her mouth.

"Takeda-san..."

Akari fell to her knees. "She's gone..." Her voice dropped and she held on to his pants. "Sora's gone."

Masato knelt. "What do you mean she's gone."

The girl tried to wipe the tears from her eyes but she was a long way from stopping them. "She couldn't hold it in anymore after we left your house. She cried for you, Masato, you hurt her."

His arms wrapped around her shoulders but she pushed him off. "You made her move aeay, you bastard!"

Masato's eyes widened. "Sora left?"

Akari forehead fell to his chest and she wrapped her arms around him. "What kind of a man are you? Having a girlfriend yet having feelings for your sister."

He put his hands on her shoulder. "I didn't plan for this to happen, Akari. I swear."

"Was that suppose to make me feel any better better?" The girl rose to her feet and gave him a weak punch in the stomach. "I really hate you," she said before turning and going off.