Burried

December 30th. Katherine woke up in her room, it was still dark outside. She heard someone cussing in the common room. She put on her robe and got out of bed. Katherine walked down the stairs and saw Tom pacing back and forth.

He noticed her "K-Katherine" he stuttered.

"What are you doing up so early?" She asked, yawning.

"Promise me that you won't get mad" he said.

"What did you do?" She asked suspiciously.

Tom took a step closer to her "promise me."

"I promise." She lied.

"I lost Nagini" he sighed.

Katherine went red with anger, she smacked him on the shoulder hard. "How could you loose Nagini!" She yelled, hitting him again. "You stupid, stupid, stupid..." She kept repeating, hitting him every time she repeated it. "Stupid, stupid, stupid"

Tom stood there, taking the beating.

Katherine soon got tired and stopped hitting him. "We have to find her" Katherine exclaimed.

"No kidding" Tom said sarcastically, rubbing is now bruised arm.

Katherine began freaking out "where would she be? Is she alright?"

Tom grabbed her by the shoulders "calm down and let's go look for her."

Katherine nodded and they walked out of the common room. They checked the astronomy tower, she wasn't there. They called out to her in parcelmouth. They looked all over the school, checking each individual classroom, she wasn't anywhere.

Tom and Katherine met up at the quidditch pitch "I can't find her" Katherine said, worriedly.

"There's no where else to look" Tom said, defeated.

"What if she..." Katherine looked out towards the forbidden forest.

Tom immediately understood, they ran into the dark forest. Tom took out his wand and lit it, light illuminated throughout the forest. Katherine froze and pointed at something, Tom followed her gaze to some dark red liquid on a log.

Tom quickly walked closer to it. The light from his wand showed more liquid all over the trees and the leaves on the ground.

They heard hissing and walked towards the sound. Katherine gasped at the sight, a dead bloody body lay next to Nagini. Nagini's face was covered in the blood.

Katherine backed up against a tree and closed her eyes, not wanting to look at the body. Tom walked closer to it to get a better look, it was a man.

"How could she do this?" Katherine asked.

Tom didn't answer, he was too fascinated with what Nagini had done.
Deep bite marks were all over the man, so deep that you could see bone.

"Who is it?" Katherine asked, still covering her eyes.

"Whoever he was wasn't from Hogwarts. Judging by his clothing and bag, he looks like he was out for a hike. Probably wandered to deep." Tom said.

"What are we going to do?" She whispered.

If they told Dippet about Nagini, they would be the ones in trouble for bringing her to Hogwarts. If they were to say that they had found the man like this, it would not be believable. They weren't supposed to ever enter the forbidden forest, the one they did and they found a dead body, not believable. There was one option left.

"We're going to bury him." Tom finally said.

"What?" Katherine asked, not believing the words that were coming out of his mouth.

Tom turned to look at Katherine "If we do anything else the evidence will lead right back to us. We need to get rid of him"Tom said.

Katherine didn't want to take in any part of this but he was right. They were going to have to bury the body.

Katherine nodded, not making eye contact with Tom.

***

Katherine watched as Tom dug the hole for the body. It was raining now, all traces of the blood would vanish by the time the sun came up.

"This is wrong" Katherine said.

Tom stopped didn't stop digging "we're in too deep to stop now."

Katherine clutched her stomach "I think I'm going to be sick" she choked out.

Tom kept digging. Was a dead body bothering her this much?

Tom stopped digging and used a spell to place whatever was left of the body into the hole. Tom began to bury the man.

Katherine stood there and watched Tom bury the body. Why wasn't she stopping him? She knew it was wrong but at the moment she didn't care. In the end it all came down to a terrible secret.

Tom smoothened the dirt used a spell to make grass grow so it didn't look suspicious. He walked over to Katherine, standing beside her and looking at where they had just buried the body.

He was panting, exhausted from digging. " it's over now, to late to go back."

Any requests for what Katherine should do for Tom on his birthday?