Chapter 5

Gabriel came out of the apartment building, he let out a long sigh he had been holding in, got into his car, and told his chauffeur to take him home. When he got home he took a good look at his mansion and realized that Nicole was right, he ought to be married under normal circumstances but unfortunately, the circumstances weren't normal so he had to do anything to get his mom off his back. He went into his bedroom, took off his clothes, and took a shower.

After a shower, he lay on his bed and began thinking if he was doing the right thing. Things shouldn't be handled this way he thought to himself. He should learn to get Ashley out of his mind but it was easier said than done, he only prayed that Nicole would give his proposal a thought because she was his only hope now. He decided to go to bed and stop thinking too much since it was already 2:00 am and he was supposed to be in his office early, at least that was the only place he could concentrate and be at peace with himself.

Nicole couldn't sleep that night, she kept thinking about the event that took place earlier in her living room. She has always dreamt about being rich, living the good life, a life of luxury and pure bliss, and now the opportunity has come knocking on her door but she is confused.  She doesn't know if accepting such an offer was the right thing to do.

What if something goes wrong along the line? What if his girlfriend shows up and she ends up getting caught? But he never said anything about a girlfriend and if she gets caught he should be able to defend her right?

Nicole was so confused, she was supposed to be having a blissful sleep but here she was messed up with her thoughts. The amount of money in question was quite tempting, anyone would accept his proposal in a heartbeat but at the same time she could tell he was desperate even though he tried to hide it with his stern face, she felt he needed her to say yes right away.

But, why was he still single anyway?

It's not like it was any business of hers but she needed to know the kind of person she was going to be dealing with. Besides, she hasn't been with a guy for quite a while now.  Gosh, why was she thinking in that direction?

It's not like anything was going to happen between them or was something going to happen?

Nicole was already having a headache from all these thoughts so she decided to try and get some sleep because she needed it at this point.    

                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabriel was in his office looking through some documents when his phone rang, he looked at his caller ID to know who was calling but it was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hello?... It's me, Nicole,"

Gabriel straightened himself on his office chair the moment he heard her name. He didn't know why but he was internally excited to hear her voice.

"Um, I called so we could talk about your proposal,"

Her voice was soft and relaxing to the ears. Gabriel didn't say anything yet, he just let Nicole speak so it wouldn't seem like he pressured her into accepting to do this against her own will, that is if she actually called to accept his proposal.

"I thought about it all night and I think I accept. I'll do it."

Gabriel internally sighed with relief. He was internally grateful that she accepted his proposal.

"I'll send my chauffeur to come pick you up at your apartment. He'll drive you over to my place, that is where we will be signing the contract."

"Okay. I better get prepared then... Oh, wait! When do I um...start?"

"Today. You'll be moving in today, so I suggest you grab whatever it is you'll be needing before my chauffeur arrives."

"Really! Today?! That's so soon." Nicole replied sounding quite nervous.

Gabriel could understand why she was nervous, anyone in her position would be nervous about moving into a total stranger's house.

"You can pack some of your things today and grab the rest later." He suggested making Nicole relax a bit

"Oh, okay. Goodbye then,"

"Goodbye." and the line went dead.

Gabriel then called his chauffeur to get his car ready so he could take him home, he called his PA and canceled whatever appointment he had for the rest of the day. He needed to go home before Nicole's arrival so he could inform his employees about their new lady boss. He also needed to give Nicole some time to get her things packed. He picked up the contract paper he had personally printed earlier that day and left his office.

Nicole had been extremely nervous before making the call but after the call, she felt a sudden relief. She couldn't believe it was that easy, she screamed in excitement and hurriedly went into her closet to pack some of her clothes. She was soon going to be a millionaire.

Hey Lovelies
Nicole said yes 😁😁😁
Will she eventually become a millionaire or will something go wrong along the way?
Don't forget to vote and comment 😊😊