■ T W E N T Y - F O U R ■

"I'll be back in two hours," Chase said as he pressed a kiss on my forehead before closing the front door.

I knew he wasn't going to be able to stay at my house forever and even though he had spent all of today with me, I missed him.

He was only going to go help a friend of his on a project and then he'd be back. But two hours was a long time. I tried watching another movie but my eyes kept drifting away from the screen.

Instead, I lugged my lazy body upstairs and into my room. Opening my door, I felt the cool summer wind blow through my open window. Glancing towards it, I stopped to see James.

He was sitting on his window sill, his knees drawn up with a book resting on them. His window was also open, and he looked so calm and at peace.

Somehow his tall body folded to fit on the window frame and I took careful steps towards my window.

"What are you reading?" I asked, hoping not to startle him.

He looked up quickly before looking over at me with a frown on his face. "Sorry?" He asked, confused.

"I asked what are you reading?" I re-asked, giving him a small smile.

"Oh," he replied before lifting the book and showing me the cover.

"Cool, Salem, what's it about?" I asked, leaning on my window frame.

"Uh it's about a witch and a werewolf detective teaming up to solve murders that have started to  plague Salem, while also slowly falling for each other," he replied, with a grim smile.

"Sounds interesting," I replied.

"Yeah, it's a good book," he replied before looking back down at it.

Sighing, I clambered onto my window, sitting down and dangling my legs off the side of the house. "Can we talk?" I asked.

James briefly closed his eyes before shutting his book and looking at me "Sure, what's wrong?" He asked, his tone emotionless.

"First off, I want to say congratulations for escaping the demons clutches," I started. 

James looked away.

"Second off, I just want to ask if you're okay? You seem a little less than you more than usual," I added, tilting my head.

"I thought we were doing this thing where we didn't speak, act or pretend to be nice to each other?" He asked, turning his head away.

I brushed it off.

"Maybe, but I'm still not a heartless bitch and I know when something's bothering you," I replied.

"Christie, you already know what's wrong with me, you're just too naive to think about it, besides it seems you have your hands busy with my younger brother," James replied.

I looked down. "What happened with Chase and I came out of nowhere, I certainly didn't expect anything like that to happen," I replied, lifting my head as I spoke.

James scoffed. "I saw it coming from a mile away, Chase has always had a crush on you, I guess I underestimated him," he replied with a shrug.

Frowning, I straightened my back.

"You talk as though this is a game, as if having feelings for me is a competition, but it's not!" I exclaimed.

"That's not what I meant, Christie,"

I shook my head. "I just wanted to know if you were okay, and I guess you are? I'm not sure because you never answered, but that's okay, so I hope you return to your former self soon," I said, stumbling over my words.

I moved to crawl back into my room but James's voice stopped me.

"I'm sorry, okay? I keep messing up and I keep hurting you, I'm sorry because I'm so fucking useless when it comes to talking to you,"

I looked back at him.

"I'm sorry and I'll always be sorry, I don't know how many times you want me to say it but I will if need be, I just want you to stop hating me, to stop looking at me like I'm an evil monster. I made a mistake and I'll hate myself for the rest of my life for treating you like shit but give me a second chance! I can be anything for you and I would die for your forgiveness-" he trailed off.

"Just please give me another chance." He finished, after closing his eyes.

"James," I said candidly.

He opened his eyes and looked at me.

I could remember a time when all I wanted was to stare into those eyes, to have those lips against mine but times had changed and now I guess I was dating his brother.

"You're forgiven," I finished, unable to hold onto this grudge anymore.

James's eyes widened and he breathed out. "Thank you," he said seemingly more lively.

"I overreacted, I do that, cause I'm a woman and well a Scorpio but I did and I'm sorry I've dragged through the mud on this, it wasn't kind of me," I replied, playing with my fingers.

"You had a right to be angry-" he started to say.

"Yeah be angry, not to be a bitch," I replied.

He looked down, before copying my sitting stance. "If you've forgiven me for everything I've done, I'm quite sure I can forgive you for a little overreaction," he replied.

I smiled. "Thanks James," I said, before rocking my legs back and forth.

"I should go," I added, as I glanced over my shoulder.

"Yeah me too, I can smell my mother making cookies," James replied.

I chuckled. "Don't forget to share," I replied.

His mouth lifted up into a smile, the first genuine smile I had seen in a very long time. I clambered back into my room, half falling on the floor.

James laughed as I picked myself up. I gave him a playful glare. "Don't laugh!" I exclaimed.

He grinned. "God, I love you," he said.

My body froze and so did James. His eyes went wide as soon as I realised what he said. He opened his mouth but nothing came out.

He turned away and gracefully crawled back into his room. "See you around, Christie," he said quickly before disppearing from the window.

I was alone, with my mouth half open.

A/N

Team Chrase?
Or
Team Jastie? Chrames?

You pick the ship names!

I'm a little of both, maybe another man will come and sweep Christie out from under them.

Which reminds me, you guys are gonna love our new character.
Let's hope they cause some trouble 🤔😉

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, T xoxoxoxoxoxo

Fun Fact:

Salem, the book which James had been reading is actually a book of mine, and you guys should defs read it. I love the sizzling hot connection between my witch and werewolf detective.