Chapter 6

Nicole made sure she packed her best underwear, it wasn't like he was going to see her in her underwear but a girl needs to feel confident on the inside before she can feel beautiful on the outside. She thanked her lucky stars that she had gone shopping the previous day and had acquired more clothes, undies, and shoes from her old collection.

When she was done packing, she took a shower to feel refreshed. After coming out of the bathroom she stood in front of her vanity table and stared at her reflection in the mirror then she thought to herself,

'If I am going to act like the fiancee of a billionaire, why not start behaving like one.'

So, she dropped her towel on the floor and applied some moisturizer on her body. Don't get her wrong, she applies moisturizers but not all the time since she didn't have a boyfriend, she never really gave a damn about her body or looks, it's not like she dressed like wack, it's just that she never really paid attention to the necessary little details every girl did when they wanted a boyfriend or when they had one since she has been living alone for as long as she could remember.

Nicole wore her black lace underwear and then her expensive perfume to smell nice. She picked up her light blue high-waist ripped skinny jeans from her bed and wore them with a black sleeveless blouse and black leather jacket, she applied her makeup and slipped on her black heels.  Looking at herself in the mirror, she smiled at the result and picked up her black purse, then it hit her,

  Looking at herself in the mirror, she smiled at the result and picked up her black purse, then it hit her,

She was leaving her home and going to an unknown place, she let out a deep sigh and carried her suitcase. This was for the best, there was no going back now, she had to be strong and not emotional.  With that conviction, she exited her bedroom.

Nicole was entering her living room when she heard a knock on her door making her tense.

So, this is it?

She took a deep breath and walked towards the door.  She hesitantly placed her hand on the knob and opened it, there standing before her was a man in a uniform, he looked like he was in his fifties, he wasn't bad looking though for a man his age.

"Good day, ma'am. My boss asked me to come pick you up, I'm sorry if I bothered you. I just wanted to know if you're ready to go or if I would need to wait a little longer?"

Nicole couldn't believe a man of this age was speaking to her with such courtesy and respect. It seemed she was going to enjoy this deal after all.

"There'll be no need for that. I'm ready to leave."

"Okay, ma'am. May I carry your suitcase?"

"Yeah sure, it's just right here."

She replied pointing at her suitcase in the living room, the chauffeur walked inside and carried Nicole's suitcase before leaving her alone in her apartment. She looked at her living room one last time before walking out of it and locking the door behind her.

Nicole came out of her apartment building and was astonished to see the ride waiting for her. She composed herself and hid her surprise before strolling towards the white limousine where the chauffeur was holding the door open for her.

"Thank you," she said to him before entering the car. Once the chauffeur was inside, Nicole asked him what his name was.

"Darren, ma'am," he replied.

"Darren" she repeated hoping to remember his name.

Darren then started driving to an unknown destination.

After an hour of driving, the limo halted in front of a huge mansion.

Nicole was in awe of the sight before her, never had she imagined that one day she would live in such a beautiful building. The door of the limousine was then opened by another male whom she guessed was also an employee.  She took a deep breath and gracefully climbed out of the limo, she noticed the chauffeur that had driven her here taking her suitcase inside the mansion.

Gabriel was in his study waiting for  Nicole's arrival. To say he was patiently waiting would be a lie, he was quite tense and was trying to calm himself with a glass of whiskey. He didn't know why he was reacting this way since Nicole already agreed to go ahead with his plan. He was having doubts about the whole deal and at the same time, he was scared that she would change her mind at the last minute.  If that were to happen, he wouldn't have an idea what to do next. He took the last gulp of his whiskey before looking at his wristwatch.

"They ought to be here by now" he murmured to himself. As if on cue, he heard the sound of a car and looked out his window, he saw the limousine driving into the compound.  He took a deep breath to let himself relax before walking out of his study.

Nicole noticed Gabriel coming out of the mansion. He was wearing a navy blue suit, making her wonder if this guy ever wore anything other than a suit. He came up to her and gave her a peck on the cheek. To say Nicole was shocked was an understatement.

"I thought you were going to change your mind at the last minute" he whispered to her

Nicole couldn't even reply because she was lost for words.

Why would he think that?

"Let's go inside so I can show you to my employees." he continued.

Nicole only nodded and Gabriel placed his hand on her lower back, guiding her into the mansion.

And here is Chapter 6
I honestly don't have any idea what mansions in New York look like
I know there are so many penthouses but I'm not a fan of penthouses so I decided to stick with the mansion in the picture above
Please bear with me and go with the flow
Thanks 🙂
Love y'all