Chapter 32 - Let Me Love You

Disclaimer: Mature Audiences Only. 

"I watch your troubled eyes as you rest, 

And I fall in love with every breath...

And if this is what it takes,

Then let me be the one to bear the pain."

Dominic's POV

Dominic's POV

The minute I saw Aria's reaction to my sister's comment, I knew something was wrong. Once again her eyes revealed everything to me. Nobody else can see, but I always do. I felt my chest tighten when I watched her running away. Then I felt my heart being pulled in two when Olivia hinted at something bad. Aria had a secret she hadn't yet shared with me, but I was already bearing the pain of it regardless. 

I ran through the hedges of my garden in search of her. I went to the bench we were on earlier but she wasn't there. I went further into the garden and was about to turn a corner when I heard sobbing. I followed the sound and found her standing in front of the fountain in the middle of the garden. She had her back to me and I could see her body shaking as she tried crying as silently as possible. I slowly walked closer to her, afraid of startling her and causing her to run again. I needed her to stop running and let me help her. 

"Rhi..." I called to her calmly, yet firmly. 

She didn't say anything. She kept wiping at her eyes furiously then taking in deep breathes. I walked towards her until I was right behind her. I know she felt my presence because she wrapped her arms around herself, only for her cries to begin again. Except this time I saw her falling to the ground. I quickly wrapped my one arm around her waist and the other around her chest, as I fell to the ground with her. She was sitting curled up in between my legs, holding onto my arm as she sobbed. 

"Let it all out, baby girl. I've got you. I'm not going anywhere." I whispered into her ear as I pulled her head to my chest, kissing her on top of it, then leaning my chin on her.

I could feel my heart shattering as I heard her cries. This pained me and all I wanted to do was take it all away from her. If I could, I would take every last bit of pain and suffering and endure it all just to see her smile and hear her laugh again. 

It felt like we sat there for hours, yet there was nowhere else I would rather be than right here by her side. She had calmed down a bit, but honestly, I think her body was just exhausted and gave up on her. She sat there nestled in my arms and leaning against my chest. 

"I left out a part when I told you about my past." She spoke softly, breaking the silence. 

"I gathered. Rhi, I need you to trust me. Let me help you, please." I pleaded with her. 

"I do trust you, Nicky. It's not that. I just know that this last secret will alter many things and is the be-all and end-all." 

"Why don't you let me be the judge of that," I told her firmly.