Chapter 4

Bria's POV

After school Ash and I met at my car. I had not seen Josh for the rest of the day and for some strange reason I felt that he was avoiding me but that's okay, he'll come around.

Ash and I made our way to the store to get all the materials we would need for our project and bought a few snacks as well. She then entered her address on my GPS because she is too lazy to give me directions.

 Instead, she sat in the passenger seat of my car and sung loudly to the song that was playing on the radio, all while eating and dropping crumbs on my seat. Of course I gave her a fit for it. I might be a messy person but my car is my baby, and right now, she is disrespecting my baby, getting crumbs all over the floor.

"Saturday 9:00 am sharp, you need to be at my house and clean up this mess you making in my car. As a matter of fact, you cleaning this whole car."

"See? This is why I don't like catching rides with you. You act as if this car is more important than me. Heck, I had to remind you of my birthday a million times and you've never forgotten this car's birthday." She gushed sounding all jealous. I laughed at her response because I had only been pretending to forget her birthday every year because I know it gets on her nerves. My plan seem to work every time. She would get so mad that she won't speak to me for a whole week. Every year the same thing happens and she has yet to find out about my deliberate actions. I'm just that good of an actress.

We pull up to her house a while later and I was shocked to see my best friend was actually loaded. I refrained from making a comment just in case I sound foolish. Did I even know my best friend at all?

"You can say it" She encourage softly. Was it that obvious that I wanted to say something?

"Wow" I whispered. I was astonished. As an aspiring architect, you can understand my fascination with the building. I looked over at Ash's face and could see the slight smile as she admired her house as well.

"Nice right?" She asked.

"Nice? Ash this is amazing. Look at those designs." I told her while pointing at the house. She laughed it off before responding.

"That was my first expression the first time I saw it as well. Come on lets go inside."  We made our way inside and I was just as impressed with the outside as I was with the inside. I might even be more impressed. So this is what I have been missing out on? I better rebel more often. Ashley's house is amazing, it's even warm and welcoming unlike some of the other huge houses I have seen on the way here.

Ash grabbed some drinks from the kitchen and we made our way to her room to start our assignment. 

I've been in her room for seven minutes now and I still have not started the project. I keep looking around and asking her questions. I could tell she was getting annoyed but I don't care. I have never been here and she didn't even offer me a tour.

"Are we gonna get started now or are we gonna wait until your mom sends out a missing person report? Or even worst, send the cops to my house." Ash said from the floor laying flat with her hands on her chin and looking at me. Her remark sobered me up a bit and I went with her and say on the floor as well as we did our project.

Why we sat on the floor? Well after her being at my house millions of times and never being able to sit on my bed when the closet takes over, I guess she got accustomed to the floor.

We worked all afternoon until I got thirsty and made my way down the stairs. When I got to the kitchen I saw someone poring the last of the orange juice from the fridge. I guess i'll have to settle for water then.

"Hi, you must be Ash's step dad. I'm her best friend." I said while expending my hand to meet him. I didn't know Cara was into the buff tattooed type of guy. He is handsome though. I'd give him that. We all know nobody can beat my Josh when it comes to being hot. I'd give Ash's step dad a 9.5 out of 10 though because Josh is a 10 and nobody beats Josh.