CH 28// Pillow Forts

TW: mentions of self harm. nobody does it in this chapter but there is mentions of it.

A/N: shoutout to StephanieCruzado9
For the Peanuts Marathon Idea for the last chapter!

Also, yall should check out
sleepypubby 's story! It's an adorable ageregression story!!! It has Goblins and a cute racoon uwu I think you guys would love it!

*********

"Boys! Time for dinner!" Mia shouted from the kitchen. Charlie stired awake. When his eyes fluttered open he saw that he was in Alex's arms. He quickly realised that his thumb was in his mouth. He gasped and pulled it away, wiping it off on his hoodie. His cheecks burned with embarassment.

"Hey" Alex whispered to him. "If it makes you feel any better... I'm terrified of the dark still". Charlie looked up at him. Alex? Scared of the dark? "You don't have anything to worry about Charlie. I don't judge. Now come on, I'm starving".
Charlie gave him a small smile and they got up from the couch.

"There you are" Mia chuckled as they walked into the kitchen. "We were worried you got lost" she joked. "Hope you guys are hungry".

"Very!" Alex said having a seat. Charlie giggled and sat in his seat next to Alex.
Once everyone was seated, they all dug in.

"So Alex" Mia said looking over to the boy who was in the process of shoveling in a spoonfull. "Your mother tells me you have a job at a coffee shop. How's that going for you?"

"Pretty good" Alex said after swallowing. "My co-workers are nice, It's quiet most of the time, and every now and then I get to experiment with different coffee flavors".

"Good!" Mia said smiling "It's good you found a job you like".

"Yup!" Alex beamed. "And I owe it all to Charlie". Charlie looked up from his plate and blushed. "He gave me the extra push I needed when I got nervous". The blonde added. He looked over to Charlie. "Thanks for that". Charlie smiled and waved his hand at him as if to say 'It was nothing'.
"Nah, really" Alex continued "If it weren't for you I'd probably would have bailed the second I heard the word Interview"

"Ah don't feel bad hun" Heather said. "I was a reck with my first ever job interview. I stumbled over almost every word and I was probably sweating more than a sprinkler. Didn't get hired, although looking back on it now I'm kinda glad I didn't. The place ended up going out of buisness just two months afterwards due to health vialations. So much for having another pizza place" She laughed.

"Speaking of jobs" Alex started. "Mom, since I've picked up a job now, that means you won't be working overtime so much right?"

Heather's smile faded. "Oh, honey...Is that why you got a job?...because of me?"

"I did it for you mom" Alex replied.

"Alex...you didn't have to do that".

"Yes I did. You work too hard mom. I don't want you getting sick again" Alex said concerned. "Besides, I really like my job so I'd hardly call it work".

Heather's eyes suddenly became shiny with tears. "Oh, Alex...what did I ever do to diserve such an amazing son like you?"

Alex smiled sweetly at her. "I love you ma"

"I love you too dear" Heather replied. "Darn, this is ganna cause a mascara overflow" She laughed through her tears. She grabbed a napkin and dabbed at the corners of her eyes.

"You have an amazing son" Mia said to her. Heather nodded in agreement while whiping her tears away.

The rest of dinner was occupied with conversations, laughter, and even a card game after desert (Chocolate pie) was served.
When it became dark out, Heather said they should be getting back.