02: Fate

A/N: rewriting some of the chapters due to changes in my writing style 

Hani's mind was rambling with possible explanations as to why her father had decided to meet up with one of the most dangerous, if not THE, most dangerous wolf in the land. She wondered what could her father's plan could possibly be, what did he want from that figure. So much was told about the True Alpha's pack how they were ruthless, mean, bloodlust beings just like the one that lead them. They were described as monsters, beasts. And everyone knew that the southern and the northern pack did not get along. Once again, the questions swirled in her mind, turning her eyesight into a blurry fog. Her father was watching her from afar in the kitchen, a tender look in his eyes. Sighing, he strode towards her and softly brushed the girl's hair, as if trying to push the clouds of questions away.

"I know what you are thinking, Hani"

His brown eyes, a perfect twin, of hers gazed upon her lovingly. The girl raised her head, her eyes locking with her father's. Carefully and slowly, he explained the plan to her but none of it helped the lost girl.

"We need a backup plan. If Ulric does get defeated, we will be next in line... you know how these things work. I want us to be safe, I want us to win. And I will do anything in my power to make sure, nothing of bad happens to our pack" Hani hated when her father spoke to her like that, as if she was still a child naïve to the world. "I invited him over to show our respects to him. We are not turning sides. We are just wanting to make peace"

His hands were rough and calloused against her soft skin. Her father held her face gently in his hands, searching for fear or worry in her hazel eyes. Instead, curiosity swirled in them, waved side to side lullabying everyone that locked eyes with her into a sweet adventure.

"I'm doing this for the pack. I'm doing this for yours and your brother's safety"

Her father's eyes were deeply staring into hers, convincing her that his words were true. Hani nodded her head and turned around, walking up the stairs without saying one more word to her father. She sighed as she stepped into the bathtub, not understanding her father's plans or decisions. Perhaps Hani's mind was too small, too simple, to understand this whole situation. She didn't understand why all these wars and deals and grudges existed and were fueled; she simply couldn't. Shaking off the thoughts in her head, the girl quickly finished washing her hair. The bathroom tiles were cold against her feet, sending a chill down her spine. Defeated and completely submitted to her father's plans, she put on some clothes, fixed her hair and made sure she looked good. She kept on telling herself that the faster she had this over with, the faster she could go to bed and pretend nothing had happened.

The sound of multiple footsteps inching closer to her cabin, spiked the girl's curiosity. It reminded her of who she was meeting, of the stories about him that had been told. How she craved and desired to know if they were true or if some truth even laid in them. Her heart was beating frenetically in her chest, slightly frightening the girl. Her father's voice resonated in the air, calling out for her from downstairs. Hani took one last glance in the mirror, her shaking hands flattening the jumpsuit that she was wearing. Her heels clicked against the wooden floor, letting everyone know of her presence. Her father was at the end of the steps, waiting for her. Smiling shyly at him, she faced the guests that stood in front of them.

There was a group of 6 men, all standing next to each other. From their presence and demeanor, Hani assumed that they were all Alphas which confused her greatly. She had expected to just be one of them. Only one worthy of the reputation that had given him such a name. Unconsciously, she let her eyes wander around the room, searching for something... a tiny detail... a fleeting change that would tell her that the True Alpha was in the room with her. That change, that trait, that fleeting detail that she was looking for... revealed itself to her in a dangerous way, stripping her of all her senses.