Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 8

Presley•  •  •

Presley
• • •

I'm pissed to say I become a depressed hermit for a little over two weeks after kicking Kaleb out.

Sixteen days.

He didn't deserve a second of my time but I blew sixteen whole days crying over his ass anyway. He's called me numerous times and all I can do is sob while listening to his stupid voicemails, but I don't answer the calls or reply to any of his text messages.

Once my sob fest is over I purge him from my life. I go through my phone and delete every single picture that has him in it so I can't look at them. I trash all the pictures of us I displayed when we moved in, along with anything he left behind. After my life was clear of him I went to the salon and got my teal hair touched up and trimmed, then I got my acrylic nails filled and painted black. I shouldn't be spending money, especially now that all of the rent will be on my shoulders but it made me feel better.

Who gives a fuck about becoming homeless anyway?

Feeling better about myself, I finally post an ad online and print out paper ads that advertise my spare room for rent. I put them up all over campus praying I don't run into Kaleb or his friends in the process, so far I've completely avoided them. I make the Caf my last stop so I can eat before going back home.

"Oh, a room for rent, my brothers actually looking." A girl with long straight brown hair and sapphire blue eyes says, plucking the ad from the board I had just placed there.

She's dressed in a pair of tight jeans, gray thigh high suede boots, a white knit sweater, and an unbuttoned pale pink pea coat. There's a gray knit hat on her head with a large Pom Pom on top and a designer bag dangling from her elbow. She looks incredibly put together for a college kid on the verge of finals.

Her eyes run across the paper ad before flicking over to me and looking me over. The differences between us are night and day. I'm dressed in a pair of distressed jeans, my black Doc Martens I got for twenty bucks at a thrift store in LA, a gray hoodie under my black leather jacket, and a black beanie on my head. Her makeup is light and flawless, her lips a nude pink whereas my eye makeup is dark with a thick winged eyeliner, my lipstick a deep red, and way too much concealer coated under my eyes to hide the dark circles there.

She arches a perfect brow at me skeptically. "I don't think a female roommate would be wise though."

Shit.

"I'm a lesbian." I lie, thinking of the first thing that comes to mind.

Most everyone should already have a place to stay by now so finding a roommate will be hard and maybe if this guy is intimidating he can keep Kaleb away if he ever decides it's a good idea to come crawling back. I'm a weak ass bitch, I can't say for sure that I would turn him away. And this guy would definitely not have to worry about me jumping him, the last thing I want is another asshole to be chained to. I wished I were a lesbian. Instances like this just proves to those idiots that our sexuality isn't a choice. If it was I definitely wouldn't choose men, that's for damn sure.

icon lock

Show your support for Katy, and continue reading this story

by Katy
@KatGee
Nixon is the 3rd book in the Broken Series. (Ryan is the 1st, Brynn i...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 53 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @KatGee.