48. Family

Eden»

"So...we good?" Adam asked me, finishing the blunt in his hand.

"I guess..just..none of that bullshit. Cool?"

"You was the one on some bullshit. But okay." He shrugged.

We'd had an hour long conversation in his room, which turned into an argument, which turned into rough sex, which turned back into a conversation.

We'd decided to take things slow, but not completely be out of each other's lives. I was okay with that.

"I'm surprised your mom let you out the house. I thought she was on some bullshit."

"With my brother, she is. Got caught with Farrah in his room and now neither of them can do shit. She knew not to try that with me though." I laughed.

"That sucks."

"Eh they'll be fine. Don got one of them connection club meetings today..him and Farrah usually sneak off and do bad shit. They still gonna do whatever they want."

"Aww that reminds me of us."

-

Adonis »

"Don are you dressed?" My mom said from the hallway.

Ever since the implementation of these ground rules...I wasn't allowed to close my door. This was obviously uncomfortable for multiple reasons.

"Yes, mom."

"Good. Another connection club meeting, you excited?"

"Yeah." I said truthfully- not for the meeting..but for the fun things Farrah and I would do instead.

"Good, I'm glad to see you finally happy about something that isn't that girl."

As we prepared to leave the house, I got a text from Farrah.

Farrah: what we doing today? 😊 I've got a couple ideas.

Me: like what?

Farrah: my parents when on a trip with the restaurant staff, I'm here with my cousin. You wanna come over?

Me: definitely.

Farrah »

"So..am I finna be third wheeling y'all? Because if so I'll just invite someone over."

Waiting in the parking lot in the Rec center, Tisha's constant questions began to annoy me.

The plan was to have Adonis' mom drop him off for the meeting, and then for me to be there waiting to pick him up.

Ever since my parents had that stupid meeting with Don's mom..they've been watching my every move. Today was the first time I had the house to myself in a while. 

"You can't just invite some random guy to my house, Tisha."

"What are you doing right now?"