28) Your Best Friend

This is an Oc x Varian oneshot sorryyyyyy
~~~

Varian sat alone on Corona's water fountain. He sighed as he saw the couples holding hands and signing Herz Der Sonne's diary. There were beautiful heart decorations all over Corona, but he had no one to admire it all with.

"HeeEeEy, VAAARRR!!!" He heard his best friend yell out as she clumsily glided towards him, sliding down the street with roller skates. Varian panicked and stood up, trying to catch the chaotic red head. She tripped into his arms and they both fell down.

"Ow." Varian rubbed his behind. He looked at the girl who was face down on the ground.

"O-oh my gosh! Avalon, are you okay?!" He asked her, helping her up.

"Did you see that?! Varian, you have to get a pair of these!" She pointed to the roller skates. Varian looked at her bleeding nose and cringed.

"You could've gotten seriously hurt!" He scolded her. She rolled her eyes.

"Since when was big tough Varian scared of getting hurt, huh?" She poked him in his side. He snorted. She smiled and kept poking him. He chortled and laughed with great amusement.

"Av, stop!" He pushed her hands away, laughing. She laughed with him and sat down with him.

"Why do you look so down in the dumps, dude? You look depressed. And that's making me depressed."

"Look around, Av." He gestured towards the decorations and couples.

"... I see at least 6 people making out. Is that it? You want someone to make out with?" She chuckled.

"No. Well, kinda yes. But no. I-I was just thinking that... Maybe it's about time I started dating? I don't know." He rested his face on his palm.

"Hm... C'mon." She stood up, wobbling a little. She reached her hand out towards him.

"What?" He reached for hers and stood up. He followed her as she began to skate.

"We're going to find you a date. The cutest girl in all of Corona!"

"W-WHAT?! AV, NO!"

"OH BUT AV, YES! YOUR BESTEST FRIEND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD IS GOING TO SET YOU UP ON THE BEST DATE IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!" She exclaimed excitedly, rolling faster and dragging Varian behind. She tripped over a rock and fell flat on her face. Varian rushed towards her.

"Are you okay?" He asked, leaning down. She gave him a thumbs up.
~~~

"And I like to u-um... Sorry! I'm just so nervous!" The brunette in front of him said as they were on their picnic "date" that Avalon had set up.

"It's fine! It's totally fine!" He reassured her.

"It's my first time doing this and ohmygosh I'm so NERVOUS!" she fainted. Avalon came from behind a tree.

"Too... Jittery. NEXT!" Avalon yelled.

"Av, there's nobody "next". There's no line." He informed her. She looked around. It was a bare sight.

"...Well, not with that attitude there isn't! NEEXT!"

---

"And sometimes, I count rocks I pick out from the soil I've collected from the castle gardens. Do you like gardens?" A monotone blonde girl asked.

"Well actually I-" Varian started.

"Yeah, me too. I like flowers too. They're so pretty. My favorite ones are peonies and tulips. What are your favorite flowers?" She asked.