Prologue

Washington D.C, Virginia

September 21, 2019

"Load Sabot!" yelled Jackson to his loader. A T-72 crawled into his camera's view, looking away from them.

"Sabot loaded sir!" replied his loader.

"Fire!" His gunner pulled the trigger and a Sabot left the barrel of his M1A2 Abrams 120mm cannon and pierced the T-72 side armor. An explosion soon followed engulfing the tank in fire and sending the turret high into the sky. "That's another ruskie down! Driver advance!" His tank, the Wyvern, roared across the grass fields of Virginia. They're 2 miles outside of Washington D.C. combating the Russian invasion force. A trio a SU-57 roared above, soon followed by five F-16 fighting for air superiority. World War 3 has been raging for almost 4 years at this point since it started in 2015 after Russia supported North Korean forces in attacking South Korea with everything going downhill from there. The US army managed to push back the Russian advance and even managed to invade Russia itself, but they managed to do the same with the American mainland. Now Jackson along with the 6th armor division is tasked with the defense of Washington D.C.

Jackson was a special man, he was only 19 and was commanding a multi-million battle tank. He had jet black hair and commanded with an aura of experience, His crew, however, were a bunch greenies though never seeing a battle until this one. He actually joined when he was 16 and lied about his age to fight the Russians in Korea and now is fighting them on his home turf. Opening the top hatch, he hopped on the .50 cal coaxial machine gun and watched as the Abrams rolled over burnt bodies, grass, and trees. Gunfire sounded from the road ahead as his radio came to life.

"This is Delta 2-1-1. We are taking heavy fire from Russian machinegun nests, requesting assistance!" called a frantic voice over his radio.

Jackson reached down into the turret and pulled out the radio, "Delta 2-1-1. This is callsign "Wyvern" we are inbound towards your position, two mikes out." Jackson directed his tank towards the sounds of automatic gunfire. Breaking through some shrubs, his tank rolled right behind Delta 2-1-1's position. "What's the situation sergeant?" Jackson called out to the unit's CO.

The sergeant in question ran up to the side of the tank," The Russians had set up two machinegun nests in the treeline and they're preventing us from reinforcing Charlie Company."

Jackson nodded, " Alright, I'll advance with the Abrams and take out nests and will act as a shield for you guys." The sergeant nodded and commanded the squad behind his Abram. "Driver advance!" The tank lurched forward towards the treeline and automatic gunfire erupted from it. Bullets hit and pinged off the chassis of his tank. An RPG spiraled from the Russian position and spiraled far past him. "Gunner! Rotate turret towards that nest and let loose a HEAT round!"

"Firing!" The cannon let loose a HEAT towards their lines, hitting the Russian position head-on. Bodies flew and burning Russians fled their positions only to be cut down by Delta.

"Get some! Alright, one down, one to go!" Jackson let loose a stream of bullets from the top-mounted .50 cal.

"Sir!" called a Delta soldier

"Yes?"

"The last machinegun nest is nestled too far in the forest for the Abrams,"

"Tsk," Jackson grunted as he reached down into the turret and pulled out his personal M4 and hopped down onto the ground.

"Sir!? What are you doing!" called the soldier again.

"Taking out that nest." Jackson advanced through the forest, stepping around the devastation caused by his abrams. Walking further in he ducked down as he heard automatic gunfire near his position. The machinegun nest! Jackson peeked over some bushes and spotted the two Russian soldiers trying to load their PKP. Jackson rose his M4 and emptied his entire mag into the Russian conscripts. Their bodies slumped against the walls of their foxhole. Jackson pulled a mag from his vest and switched magazines. He spat onto the corpses. Russian pieces of shit! Jackson walked back to the Wyvern and climbed back into the turret.