Chapter 113: Fifth Life - Make You Go

Skipping into the medicine hall, I keep an eye out for Ming Yan. I see her back is turned to me as she focuses on organizing medicine in the back.

"Ming Yan ah, what are you doing?" I sing.

She stares at me like I'm the strangest thing she's ever seen.

"Miss Yuxing, did you need something?"

"Oh, I'm just bored." I lean on her books and put my chin on my left palm. "Since I can't leave and my arm is broken, I feel sad."

"It's because Yang Zi Huo worries about you. Your arm will heal soon, and then you'll be able to go back."

"Speaking of Yang Zi Huo... what about him do you love so much?"

"Miss Yuxing! You shouldn't speak about such things so openly. People will gossip."

"My dear! They already are. Everyone knows you love Yang Zi Huo."

"I'm not talking about this." She walks away leaving her medicine untidy.

"Why don't you tell him how you feel? Wasn't it that in the past that he brought you to Bleak Night because he had become infatuated with you? I think you two look so good together and will just have the cutest little rascals."

She turns around to lecture me. "Don't say those things or you'll hurt Yang Zi Huo."

I scoff, "What? Why is blessing him to have a wonderful lovelife with the most beautiful lady of Jianghu warranting me such a stern talking to?"

"Because he doesn't want that with me. He wants that with you."

My playful attitude disappears and with a rigid tone I respond, "Well, it's not what I want, and I'll never want that with him."

"Why are you hurting him? Rubbing salt into his wounds over and over? Is it not enough that he's waited all these years for you?"

"No, it's not enough!"

She is surprised by my fury. Flinching, her eyes become wide.

"You don't know anything about me, all right? You don't know how low I'd fallen because of that demon. I'm not going to let him use me again like something to be discarded."

She asks, "What... are you talking about?"

"You don't know how..." I don't want to continue or else I'd reveal all my thoughts. I don't want Ming Yan to see my vulnerability. If I own up to it, everything will be discovered.

I change the subject. "I came to ask you to dinner, but this conversation has put me in a bitter mood, so I'm leaving."

My health is improving, even walking up and down the stairs to the medicine wing is no longer a problem.

It must be something about Ming Yan's powers since I always throw out the medicine I'm supposed to drink. I'm not crazy enough to drink anything given to me from that demon.

My plan for tonight is prepare a romantic meal and invite Ming Yan and Yang Zi Huo. Once they are in the same room together, I'll make my leave and observe their budding love.

Inside the Hall of Blue Flames, I direct the servants to set the plates of food on the long table. Set in the center of the hall, I pull two wooden chairs close together. The ebony metal added weight to the chairs, and I struggle to position them any closer. The candles on the table are the main flickering lights causing the room to be flooded with an alluring dim.

"You're acting like the lady of the house already." Wu Jing enters the hall.

"Why are you here?"