32

What would you feel if you were to be walking down a road which seems endless and then suddenly you find a way out of there?

A hope?

Maybe.

Relief?

Definitely.

That was exactly what we felt when after walking for a good half an hour, we came across a restaurant named Sparkles. The board of the restaurant was sparkling as the name itself suggested. I had never been here before, so I had no idea how the food over here tasted like and by the looks of others, I think they were as alien about this as I was.

But as they say, something is better than nothing and considering how our night was going so far, I guess this was the best possible thing that could happen to us. Maybe the date wasn't going as we thought it would, but this could be the turning point of our date and I had my fingers crossed for that.

Keeping that positive thought in mind, I turned my head towards the sour looking girl beside me and smiled widely, "This restaurant looks amazing, let's go inside!"

"As if we have any other choice." She scoffed.

"Oh, come on, Stels! Don't be a sourpuss."

She sighed and shook her head, probably wondering why I was still her friend, before taking a step forward to walk towards the restaurant door when she was stopped in her tracks by a hand holding her wrist.

"Let me hold your hand." Ethan spoke huskily in her ears and I could sense her shivering from his touch, but she was a tough cookie to get a reaction out of.

Good luck, Ethan.

"I am fine on my own." She said, roughly before snatching her hand away from his hold and trying to walk away.

"Now, now, don't be like that. We are on a date." He spoke again, amusement clearly written all over his face and if the tension in the air wasn't so thick, I might have just bought some popcorns and enjoyed the show that was being freely provided to me.

"Yes, the one that sucks." She retorted back, her fist clenched tightly maybe because of the either reasons. One, she was trying to control her feelings towards Ethan or two, she was trying to control her anger, but because I knew Stella so well, I'd go with option number two.

"Let me be the one to do all the sucking." He replied smugly and pulled her closer, making her face red with anger or was that blush I just witnessed?

"Fuck you!" She hissed, as he pulled her even more closer and the intensity was making me miss the popcorns even more.

"Don't tempt me, sweetheart."

"They are so cute together! I can feel the sexual tension all the way up here." I whispered and sighed dreamily, but it was cut short when an angry voice spoke, "Let's get going, I am starving."

Everyone nodded their heads as we all went inside and guess what? It had to be packed, but luckily we found a table in the far corner of the restaurant and we were more than happy to find ourselves some seats.

With a huge smile on our faces, by our I meant Ethan and I because the rest two were busy being angry, we plopped down on the seat and started raking down the menu immediately. Once, we were done ordering a good amount of food for us, I realised something—

I was sitting across Dante as Stella was sitting across Ethan, but that was not the happy realisation kinda part, the main realisation was that Ethan was sitting beside me and Ethan didn't look happy at all. Something tells me that he was not happy with me talking with Ethan, reason being still unknown to me and now that he was sitting beside me, real close I might add, he was getting riled up.

"Psst." I whispered to Ethan.

"What?" He whispered back.

"Shouldn't you be sitting beside Dante? Like girls versus boys?"

"I was the last one to sit and all the sits were already taken. What else was I supposed to do?"

"Dante looks like he is ready to kill you at any given moment." I passed a fake smile towards Dante who was looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"I ain't handcuffed, sweetheart." He winked at me, an action that didn't go unnoticed by Dante.

I passed him a small smile and started waving my hands in the air towards my face as I started feeling hot all of a sudden. As we were sitting in the very far corner, the cool air of the air conditioner was not reaching to us the way it should which was starting to make me sweat and sweating meant smudging of makeup which was a huge no, no.

"I am feeling hot." I stated, blowing some air inside my t-shirt.

"You are hot." Ethan said from beside me making me giggle at his bold statement.

"Look, who's talking." I said and raked my eyes up and down his body to prove my point.

"Stop making me feel naked."

"You won't mind anyways."

"Definitely not if you are there right beside me." He winked and I slapped his arm slightly, as I let out a small laugh.

"Such a flirt." I said, shaking my head.

"Such a tease." He said, bending down to my level.

"You have a date." I said, pointing my finger towards Stella who was looking intently at us.

"And so do you." He pointed his finger towards Dante and I considered that as my cue to pull away from him and lower down the flirting because someone was looking mad and I might suffer some consequences later.

But that was the thing, we were not flirting flirting, it was just the way how we conversed.

"Amazing night, isn't it?" I asked, nervously trying to tone down the tension.

"One of the best." He replied, sarcasm clearly lacing in his tone.

"Eyy, stop being a pessimist!"

"Forgive me for behaving this way, but what would you do if your date would be enjoying someone else's company more than yours?" He asked and I swear I heard his voice crack a little in the end.

"I am not enjoying his company more than yours, I promise!"

"What would you do, love?" Completely ignoring my answer, he asked again.

"I'd feel sad." I replied.

"And when you are head over heels for that date?" He asked, leaning against the table as he moved closer.

"I'd be heartbroken." His blue eyes stared straight into my brown orbs and I was stunned by the intensity his eyes held. Few moments passed and we were still looking at each other when he decided to break the intense atmosphere and make it even more intense,

"And when you clearly know they don't like you back?"

"I'll forget to smile."

"Good thing I still laugh around her, eh?"

Thank you so much Dante Knight for making me feel guilty as heck.

So much for a perfect date.

•••••••

I am back!