Chapter 37 - Wedding plans

After three weeks of feeling sick, Chet put his foot down on me going to see a Doctor. I assured him it was just a stomach bug, but he wanted to be sure, and no longer wanting to be nagged at and also wanting to put my mind at ease, I made an appointment.

After seeing the doctor it was confirmed I do in fact have a stomach bug and he gave me some medication to make for the nausea.

As Chet and I exit the building hand in hand, I look up at him from my side with a smile. "See, I told you there was nothing to worry about."

"Sorry, Dr. Logan." He laughs as he wraps his arms around my shoulder. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I know, thank you for taking care of me."

"Always." He presses a kiss to the top of my head.

Once we reach the car which is parked in the parking lot of the hospital. We both slide in (Chet in the driver's seat) and head towards Sasha and Ryan's place.

It's been a few weeks since they got engaged and Sasha is beyond excited about planning the wedding. So today she is having Brigette and I over to help with picking venues and planning the finer details like color scheme, flowers, table decor and everything else that goes along with it.

After a short drive, we arrive at Sasha and Ryans place and Chet parks the car off to the side of the driveway. We step out of the car and make our way up the front steps, before we have a chance to reach the door and knock, it swings open, revealing Sasha who is dressed in some casual cotton shorts and a singlet, her long black hair out and perfectly straight, and her perfect smile on display as she smiles brightly.

"Hello." she sings happily, drawing out the O.

"Hello." I giggle softly with a small shake of my head, amused at her excitement.

"How did you go at the Doctor?" She questions as she holds the door open for Chet and I to enter.

"Fine, It's just a stomach bug."

"Sure you're not pregnant? You look like you're putting on weight."

"Thanks Sash, why don't you tell me what you really think." I huff softly.

"Sorry." She giggles, "I just assumed, but if the Doctor says you're not, your not." She shrugs and skips into the living room. "Come on." she calls after us.

I turn to Chet who has been standing silently through the entire conversation between Sasah and I and he gives me a small smile. "I'll be with Ryan if you need me."

"Okay," I give him a small smile back as he heads towards the stairs.

***

The afternoon goes by in a flash. Who knew wedding planning could be fun. Sasha, Brigette and I spend the afternoon in the living room putting all the wedding plans together, while Chet, Ryan and Austin spent the afternoon doing boy things meaning drinking and playing cards in the bar area of the house.

"I think we've just about planned the entire thing" Brigette smiles happily as she sits back against the couch.

"Are you both happy with the dress color I picked?" Sasha checks for the hundredth time.

"I love it." I nod with a smile.

"Me too, promise." Brigette nods in agreement.

"And you'll both come shopping with me next weekend to look for my dress, right?"

"We'll both be there." I speak for both Brigette and I.

"I don't know why I picked a date so soon, six months isn't much time to make sure everything is perfect."