Chapter 12

Blair tossed Jason a wooden staff, both of them standing on opposite ends of the training mat

Blair tossed Jason a wooden staff, both of them standing on opposite ends of the training mat. It had been two weeks since Blair's emotional breakdown and things had been quiet, for the most part. Every so often, Jason would make a sarcastic comment about something that would make Blair roll her eyes and sigh loudly or snort, but other than that, things were good.

"I don't see why I have to use the stick thingy. You taught me how to use knives and swords, why can't I use one of those?" Jason whined, twirling the staff in his hands.

"Because we don't want to kill the other side?" Blair rolled her eyes. She should've started with the staff part of his training first, that's what Dick did with her when she had started. It was too late for that now.

"Then why the fuck do you carry knives and why do we have sharp throwing thingies?" He pointed out.

Blair narrowed her eyes, "For immobilization, Jason!"

"Sounds like bullshit to me." Jason scoffed. Blair smiled innocently, hitting Jason on the head with her staff. He jumped back, running his head, "Ow! Unnecessary roughness!"

"I thought it was just bullshit." She smirked.

"I'll show you bullshit in a minute." Jason muttered, jabbing his staff in Blair's side.

Blair jumped back, holding her side. At least he didn't hit her ribs, "JASON! OW, WHAT THE FUCK?"

"HURTS DOESN'T IT?!?" Jason exclaimed, an amused grin on his face.

Blair dropped to the ground, using her staff to knock Jason off his feet, jumping up and placing her foot on his chest in triumph. Jason groaned, grabbing his staff as Blair turned around.

"Now, if you can stop messing around, we can actually work— OW!" Blair felt Jason's staff hit her hard in the ankle.

She turned around seeing him crouched down, an evil grin on his face. She glared at him, jabbing her staff in his chest, causing him to fall on his back.

"Maybe we stop training for today Miss Blair." Alfred tried, seeing where it was headed.

Blair ignored Alfred, swinging her staff at the boy on the ground. Instead of using his staff to block her swing, Jason grabbed the staff, pulling it toward him. Blair went flying forward, landing on Jason on the ground.

She lifted herself off Jason's chest, shaking her head, "You're such an ass!"

"I don't control how you fall! This is on you!" He exclaimed, not at all expecting her to fall on him. To be honest, he didn't know what exactly he was expecting when he grabbed a hold of her staff.

Blair rolled off of Jason, sitting on the ground while she fixed her hair and her shirt. Jason sat up, looking over at her before bursting out in laughter. He couldn't help it, the entire situation was hilarious to him.