28.

Dave

Today was the day of Ryan and I's flight to LA, and she was taking her precious time packing. It was last minute since the surprise didn't go as planned. Kairi was wit Brooke, and tonight I planned on taking Ryan out since her birthday was tomorrow. This was her first time on a flight and it was funny as hell, when I say this girl is dramatic as fuck. After freaking out for the first 30 minutes she finally calmed down and was watching some Netflix show on her laptop. I emailed Monica to make sure everything was fine and told her to push back some meetings until I get back. I also checked on Kairi, Brooke said she was sleep so I just told her to let us know when she wakes up so we can call her. The flight attendant brought us 2 glasses of champagne and told us the flight would be no longer than 6 hours or so. That was fine cause I planned on catching up on some sleep cause I knew there would be so much Ryan wanted to do when we made it there. I sat up for about another hour before I dozed off.

I woke up to Ry tapping me on the arm telling me the flight landed, and it was time to get off the plane. I gathered all our stuff while she ordered a rental car, we were waiting in the airport for about 20 minutes before the valet brought the rental car to us. We loaded our stuff into the trunk and we were on our way to the hotel. I hoped this trip would make things right between us or at least be the start. The drive to the hotel was mostly silent just a few chuckles coming from Ryan since she was on her phone. "When we make it to the hotel I wanna go to the beach." she said looking at me. "Alri we can do that, ima just stop and get something to eat." I said taking the directions to a nearby Popeyes. She nodded and focused her attention back on the phone. We pulled thru the drive thru and ordered our food. We ate in the parking lot of the restaurant before we actually went to the hotel. We got our room key and carried our luggage to the elevator. There was an elderly couple that stood in the wit us, the old man kept stealing glances at Ryan while she stood there waiting. Once he noticed I saw him I tapped on my hip, he got the memo and cleared his throat turning towards his wife. Once the elevator came to a stop they quickly got off,"that's what the fuck I thought." I mumbled. We unlocked the room and walked in, Ryan gasped at the view we got from the window. "This is beautiful." she said looking around. "Thank you." she said giving me a quick hug but I pulled her back embracing her tightly. "It's fine. I'm just glad you like it." we unpacked our toiletries and looked around. She sat on the king size bed and pulled out her phone, it started ringing and Kairi's face popped up on the screen.
"Hey chunk." she said smiling into the phone, Kairi grinned at the sight of her mama. She sat up and talked to Kai and then handed me the phone. Kairi and I babbled into the phone talking about absolutely nothing. After she tried to throw Brooke's phone we said our goodbyes and promised to call back later. It was a little after 4pm so we decided to head to the beach until our dinner reservations later. Ryan walked into the bathroom to change while I changed in the room. After I put on my swimming trunks I laid across the bed on my phone waiting. "Ryan who you tryna look good for? Cause you taking yo precious time." I yelled out only for her to tell me to hush. I laughed cause she hated when I rushed her. When she walked out my eyes almost fell out my head. "Hell nah, go change." I told her waving my hand dismissing the idea of her wearing that shit. It was a red bathing suit and it had "I'm tryna find a nigga" written all over it.
"Dave no. It's cute, I don't tell you what to wear." she said laughing applying her sun screen. "Cause I don't go out in shit like that, I wear sweats and tee shirt most of the time. You tryna have me kill some niggas in LA huh?" I said shaking my head. She slid on her slides and grabbed her phone. "Let's go." she said wit a smile heading towards the door. "Man you love trying me." I said following behind her. Then she stopped,"take my picture." she said handing me her phone. "Oh hell nah cause now you pushing it." I said declining. "Yeah yeah." she said still holding the phone out. I frowned and snapped a couple of pictures. "Thank you baby daddy." she said cheesing.
I chuckled and followed her down to the beach since it was across from the hotel. I scrolled on my phone and saw that she posted them pictures.

@RyanDestiny : birthday weekend 🤗

I wasn't even gone front she looked good to say she had Kairi almost 7 months ago. I liked the pic and left a comment.

@DaveEast : Kairi's mama fine as hell🤧👅

I guess she saw the comment cause she chuckled and turned around,"you so sweet." She looped her arm around mines and we made our journey to the beach. If you didn't know is you would've thought we was one of them happy ass couples but that was far from what it really was. I was just glad she wasn't giving me the cold shoulder while we were here.
When we made it she went straight to the beach chairs and got comfortable in it. I walked towards the water when I got a lil idea, she was tryna be cute by not getting in the water so I got some for her ass. I scooped her up and headed towards the water,"David don't throw me in the water." she said almost whining trying to get out my grasp. I stood in the shallow end with her still in my arms, she looked at my face closely. "You got her name tattooed?" she said rubbing her finger above my eyes where it said "Kairi".
I had been wearing hats so if you looked at me you wouldn't be able to see it. "yeah I got a it when we you know wasn't on speaking terms. Ima get her birthday by it soon." I said as she kept looking at me. Then she let out a gasp,"You did not get my name on you." she said more as a statement than a question. I had gotten her name tattooed when she was pregnant with Kai and I actually forgot to tell her.
"I got it when you was pregnant. I had intentions on telling you but you went into labor and it slipped my mind."
She nodded looking at it, I don't know what came over me but I leaned in and our lips connected. She didn't push me away or anything, she actually wrapped her arms around my neck. I tried to deepen the kiss but she pulled away,"Dave." she sighed and got off of me. "I know I know, we taking it slow. My fault." I said. "You're fine. Let's just stay on the same page about this." she said walking back the open bar. She ordered herself a drink and sat down. Ryan wasn't much of a drinker but I guess this was just something she picked up. We spent the rest of the day joking around.

-
👀