Chapter One - "Bumping Accident"

Chapter One

          Quintessence (noun) -> The pure, highly concentrated essence of something. The purest; The embodiment. Pure and Concentrated in Nature.

          Hello Readers. Nice to see you interested in this book and even gave the time to see if the story is worth your time. I hope that all of you will fall in love in this story and feel the feelings of the characters in this story. J This Story came from an idea of a block mate to write a story about him.  I kept on thinking about it and the photo that I took of him one time gave me the idea that I need to start this story. That is what I like when it comes to writing. . . a thing can tell you a lot of things and ideas you just have to use them in a creative way.

          Maybe if you are a student in SLU you might have seen him while walking in Perfecto or Otto. His name is . . . _ _ _ _ _ _.

          So here it goes. Hope that you will like this.

          By the way THANKS to You _ _ _ _ _ _. Without you asking “Gagawhan mo ako ng kwento?” I would not have this plot. J.

                                                          <<>>

          I want to go out and feel the cool wind but my irresponsible mother left the house in a clutter. I need to clean first before I can even review for the upcoming exams. I have cleaned the trashcan when I discovered a loot of her junk under the beanbag. How disgusting. I want to leave all the cleaning to her but I know that I will not be able to concentrate on my books when I know that it looks like a jungle in the living room. I was about to throw the whole bunch of trash bags in the dumpster when something caught my eye.

          A picture?

          I got it from the bag and saw a photo taken from a park. A guy with a blue shirt playing a guitar in front of a cute girl dressed in pink. How cute. I looked at the back of the photo and saw that it was taken twelve years ago. I wiped the photo with my t-shirt.

          I went to my room and placed it in my album, before going back to cleaning the living room.

<<< THREE YEARS AFTER>>>

          I entered my room and closed the door shutting off the loud music of the party. It was my mother’s 36th birthday. I regretted giving her a chocolate bar this morning if I have not done that then there should not be a party right now in the house celebrating her birthday. She even invited the strangers living at the next street. I wonder how my mother even met them. I got my headphones and decided to use them to drown out the loud party music they are listening to. I have another exam tomorrow. Three more days then it will be semester break.

          I placed the roses given to me by Stan in the vase beside my study table. They look beautiful but still I do not know why I cannot even appreciate it like the girls who have witnessed him giving these roses to me. I got my books from my bag and opened one of them.

          I was listening to Taylor Swift songs when I heard a knock at my door. I approached my door.

“Who’s there?”

          I asked. There is no reply. Never mind. I went back to the book I am studying. Then I heard a knock again. I went near the door again and asked but there was no reply again. I went back to the book I am reading. The Ozone is the . . . is someone joking me right now. Then I realized that the sound came from my window. I peeked and saw a human figure outside. I opened the window and wondered on how he could have thrown a stone at my window when he is that far.