7: Mal Makeover

As i walked out of my shop i saw Mal about to walk up "Hey Mal can i help you with something?"

"Yes and no Ben asked me on a ..Date and i need yours and Evies help," she said looking at me than at Jane "Yeah..sure i got your outfit covered," i said walking with her and Jane back to the school.

"I'll meet you at your room in minutes i have to go and get the outfit," i said and she nodded while walking away, turning to Jane i smiled "i have to go or would you like to come with me?"

"No that's quite alright i have to meet up with my mom I'm late for dinner and you know how she is about time," Jane said as she started to run towards her house.

---

Knocking on the door i help different types of outfits in my hand. "Marilyn is those for me or Mal?" Evie asked grabbing them out my hand and walking back inside the room "Both, i knew i would come over here so I've got you two outfits, Mal, and I"

"Thank you so much," Evie said as she said down in front of Mal doing her make-up "Okay. Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away. Not that I could." Mal said to Evie as i sat down next to them. "Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes."

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had a sister."

"Well, now you do. We're going to need all the family we can get If we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White." Mal said before stiffing and looking at me "I mean-"

"I know what you mean I've known since the day you guys stepped out the limo...i can read thoughts and i didn't say anything because i know in the end you'll do what's right" i said putting my hand on Mals shoulder and she smiled at me through the mirror

"Are you afraid of her? Your mom?" Mal asked while looking at me. "Sometimes. Are you afraid of your mom?"

"I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh... yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me... In her own way." i nodded understanding her completely. "Moving on. Come see." Evie said pulling Mal to a different mirror to show her the outfit and her make up. "Are we done?" Mal asked still looking at herself in the mirror.

"Yeah."

"Oh."

"I know."

"I look..."

"Say it."

"Not hideous."

"Not even close." i said walking up to them grabbing Mal hand and she squeezed it before looking at me smiling. Soon we heard a knock on the door. "I think that's for you," i said to Mal as i plopped on her bed she nodded before opening the door and there stood Ben with two helmets. "For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful. I hope you like bikes." Ben said as and i faked gagged and Mal laughed. She grabbed the helmet then turned to us she had a look of fear and worry on her face.

I gave her a thumbs-up as Evie closed the door. "So i heard you have a date with Jay in a few minutes" Evie said sitting next to me "Yes i go, i haven't been on a date since i first started dating Herkie, I'm really nervous what if he doesn't like me as i like him" i told Evie as i said up and started pacing. "Its okay jay would be a fool not to have a thing for you," Evie said trying to reassure me but it wasn't working "We need to go to my room," i said grabbing Evie's hand and walking fast to my room.

"Wow," Evie said as i open the door. "What?"

"Your room it's like I've died and gone to heaven" i smiled at her and walked over to my couldan "What are you doing?" my shrunken head asked "Minding my own business as you should be."

"Who is this?" She asked "You can't even see how do you know someone is in here"

"Because she has a different smell, a good one unlike you who smells of trees, dirt, and dogs"

"Yeah whatever shut up for i put you in the tube and leave you there," i said before i grabbed my spellbook and walking around my room grabbing everything else i need.

After a few mintues Evie spoke up "What are you doing?"

"I'm really nervous and I'm making a calming potion," i said putting it in a cup i had next to me. "Is it going to work?" Evie asked as she walked up to me but soon someone knocked on my door. "Here's hoping...bottoms up" i said drinking it as Evie open the door there stood Jay.

"You ready?" Jay asked holding his hand out and i nodded walking over to him and grabbing it

"You ready?" Jay asked holding his hand out and i nodded walking over to him and grabbing it. "Wish me luck and don't use to much of my fabric" i said kissing Evie's cheek before walking out with Jay. "You have a scooter?" i asked as i hopped on the back of it "Doug let me borrow it"

"Is that true?"

"No i took it from some kid," Jay said and i started laughing, wrapping my arms tighter around him as he took off down the street and turned into the wooded roads.