2.

Alex's POV

"Thank you, Cage," I say as we reach the second door at the end of the long hallway. This one requires a fingerprint to get through.

He stops and turns to me. "Don't call me Cage. We're not friends. It's Sir to you."

I scoff. "Oh, you sure you don't prefer 'daddy'?"

He grabs my shirt and pulls me closer to him. I stumble slightly and my body presses right against his. I'm sure the shocked expression is clear on my face.

"Do you think this is a joke? You are a murderer. Just because I saved you from being raped does not mean I am going to let you do and say whatever you want. Stay in line, or I will punish you," he warns.

Raped?

"Raped?" I ask, voicing my thoughts.

Cage sighs and nods. "Whenever the other officers get a chance to take a girl through this hallway alone, they..."

He smirks when I don't say anything. I keep my eyes on the ground. He unlocks the door and takes my arm, pulling me through.

I stumble forward into a dungeon-looking room. There are brick walls with cells— cages— going all the way down to the end of the hallway. At the end of the large room are three doors. For a prison, it is quite small.

As Cage drags me past the cells, I look into each of them. Some of them have two prisoners while some have only one.

There are people doing dirty things in the darker corners of their cells, while other people sit and cry. Some are sitting and staring at walls or laughing hysterically.

As I walk, I make eye contact with a crazy-eyed girl who starts shaking the bars of the cell when she sees me.

It's like a mental hospital in here, but worse.

We stop outside an empty cell and Cage unlocks it. He takes off my handcuffs, then throws me in. I stumble forwards again and almost fall flat on my face, but manage to stay upright.

I spin around and frown as Cage locks the gate to my cell. "That wasn't very nice, Cage."

His eyes narrow. "Don't you dare call me by my name. This is your last chance, inmate."

"I'm sorry, Sir. What are you going to do?" I challenge him, batting my eyelashes at him.

He slowly unlocks the cell once again and my heart starts racing. Maybe provoking an officer was a stupid thing to do...

I back away from him slightly, almost slipping on the grey-brown floor beneath me.

In a flash, he pins me down to the floor with his hand wrapped tightly around my throat. I cough and try to suck some air in, but I can't.

"P-Please."

He smirks and tightens his grip even more, making my face go slightly numb. "Oh, now you're begging, huh?" He leans his head down to my ear. "Behave. I can do a lot worse," he warns and then lets me go.

I suck in a deep breath of air, panting as he gets up and shuts my cell once again.

Leaning up on my elbows, I watch as he walks away. His polished black boots click against the floor as he goes.

Bastard.

I stand up again and dust myself off, not wanting to know who or what has touched the floor of this cell.

I notice this cell has two beds in it as well as a toilet and a basin with a mirror.

Walking closer to the mirror, still breathing heavily, I cringe at the beetroot colour of the face staring back at me.

I lean my arms against the sides of the basin and stare into my hazel eyes. They are the only reminder I have of my mom and my Asian culture.

I don't remember my mom, at all. All I remember is a picture of her that I managed to keep until yesterday, when I was accused of murder.

I wonder what she would think of me now. Would she believe I'm innocent?

I close my eyes as tears slowly slide down my flushed cheeks. I'm going to be killed for something I didn't do. I wish I had someone to talk to about it, but even my adoptive parents refuse to look at me now. They don't believe me.

They don't care at all. When they adopted me, they just saw a cute Korean girl that will grow up to be smart and make them lots of money— they didn't care how I made that money either...

I take a deep breath and wash my face with cold water, then look out the bars of the cell to make sure nobody could see me crying.

Luckily, the cell opposite mine is empty and the cement walls separating each cell means nobody else can see in.

I glance at my so-called bed, and then back at the mirror. I get bored easily, so I have no idea how I am going to survive in here for two months.

Kill me now.

I heave out a sigh and make my way to the bed, sitting down on the thin mattress that is placed on top of a hard metal slab.

Lying down, I stare up at the ceiling. There are cracks going through it with weeds and moss growing inside them.

The sheets smell like wet dogs, so I take a pillow and move off the bed, lying on the floor instead. I can't tell if the floor is cleaner than the bed, which is extremely worrying but there isn't much I can do about it.

Just as I am getting comfortable— or as comfortable as I can get on a concrete floor— all the cell doors swing open.

0•0•0•0•0

Who has watched The Witcher? What do you guys think about it?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx