twenty-six

u guys r so sweet

***

"What do you wanna do for your birthday?", Jungkook leaned back on the bed, watching Taehyung get dressed this morning. "My birthday?", Taehyung's eyes widened, turning towards his boyfriend. "It's tomorrow. Do you want to celebrate? Like-, we could go out tonight and drink shots at midnight and have dinner tomorrow--"

"I haven't celebrated my birthday in years", Taehyung looked a little confused. "No way", Jungkook laughed out weakly, "You lived with Jimin and he's for sure one of the most extreme birthday enthusiasts I know", Kook grinned and then got up as well, grabbing a towel to put it around his waist. He was about to take a shower since he was kinda -- full with a certain liquid. "We kept it lowkey, only had movie nights and pizza", Taehyung hummed. "Birthdays aren't the same without you", he mumbled, walking closer to hug Jungkook while the younger was walking towards the bathroom.

"I'm here now so we will celebrate it", Jungkook announced happily, clapping his hands. "Do you want to go out alone or should we invite the others?"

"The others?", Taehyung asked confused, "As far as I know you and me have no friends-"
"We could invite Lyz? Maybe Jimin-, and the kids? Skylar? Even Namjoon and Jin are in town so why not them as well-"

"Not a single one of them actually likes us", Taehyung grumbled.
"It's time to make things right between all of us", Jungkook explained, "It's been years and we're still in each other's lives so why do we make such a big deal out of everything. Jimin can bring Yoongi along, Lyza can bring Finn along--"

"Kook", Taehyung sighed. "Do you really want to have our Exes around?"
Jungkook shrugged, "Maybe not tomorrow. Let's have dinner just you, me and Taejeon. But going out to a bar is way more fun with a group don't you think?"

"I'd love that", Taehyung said slowly, "But I'm scared of all of this being a big mistake that brings nothing but pain."

"If things get out of hand we'll just give them more alcohol and things will be chill", Jungkook giggled, "Except for the kids- Oh shit we can't bring Taejeon into a bar, right?"

"No idea", Taehyung shrugged, "We could just celebrate here? I don't want to go out if it's without Taejeon, he's literally the only one I need to be around except for you-"

"Mhm", Taejeon suddenly said from behind, arms crossed. "Can I invite my friends as well."
"It's not your birthday", Jungkook scoffed, looking at his son. "Lili will be there, isn't that enough?"

Taejeon scrunched his nose, "What about Mom?"
"Of course", Taehyung smiled softly, "She'll be the first we'll invite."

The kid nodded, "Fine. My present is the best by the way", with that he turned around and rushed out of the room, picking up his phone to call Lili that they'd be partying tonight. In bed.
Jungkook turned to Taehyung who was just looking a little stressed, "Fuck I'm nervous. I never had a birthday party-"

"There's always a first for everything", Jungkook said, pressing a kiss to Taehyung's cheek. "I'll take a shower now, I'll be right back-"
Taehyung only grinned, slapped Jungkook's ass and then followed him into the bathroom. "You really thought I'd let you clean up by yourself? You can't even bend down, you for sure as hell need some help--"

"You helping me always turns out in your dick up my ass", Jungkook sighed a little exhausted, "And I'm hella sore--"
"It's my birthday tomorrow", Taehyung pouted. "Your ass is my present."

"Dude I have a way better present", Jungkook grumbled but to be honest, he had no good argument why they couldn't shower together so he simply locked the door, threw the towel away and took Taehyung's hand to make out on their way into the shower.