Chapter 28

Taehyung slowly became aware of his senses. A pleasant smell was filling his nose and a more than welcome warmth was surrounding his body. Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, the once sun filled and lit up room had become semi dark while he had slept. The sun had gone down and the curtains had been closed. The only light that shone through the room came from a few dimly lit lights that stood spread throughout the whole living room and the fire in the fireplace. Taehyung brought his hand towards his face, getting tangled up in the blanket that laid over him. He pushed the blanket of while wondering when he had grabbed it, he couldn't remember going to sleep with a blanket on top of him. Taehyung's eyes wandered through the room, his eyes falling on the brightly lit kitchen. The pleasant smell filled his nose again and he slowly began to make his way over to  the kitchen.

Jungkook stood once again with his back turned towards Taehyung in the kitchen, cooking something that smelled really good in Taehyung's opinion. With a soft cough Taehyung entered the kitchen, making his way over to the younger to see what is was that smelled so good.

"Hey, had a good nap?" Jungkook chuckled, seeing Taehyung's sleepy face and ruffled up hair. Taehyung gave the younger a soft nod, his vision still on the pans that stood on the stove before him.
"Hungry?" Jungkook chuckled again, removing one of the lids to stir whatever it was that was in the pan. Taehyung gave the younger another nod, his mouth practically watering from the smell that came from the pan Jungkook had just opened.

"Does tomato soup as a starter, with pasta as the main course and pudding as dessert sound good?" Jungkook smiled while he put the lit back on the pan. Taehyung averted his eyes towards Jungkook, giving him a third nod. With a soft laugh Jungkook motioned the elder towards the table that Jungkook had already prepared for their dinner together. "Take a seat Tae, I'm almost done."

Taehyung walked over to the table and sat down while Jungkook finished up.

"How was your first day? Did Jin treat you well?" Jungkook spoke with his back still turned towards Taehyung. A deep sigh left Taehyung's lips and not even ten seconds later the eldest of the two was rambling about how his day had been super boring, he didn't do anything and Jin gave him only boring tasks to do. Jungkook laughed every once in a while, knowing how protective Jin was of his patients and that it would take Taehyung a lot more time to do the 'exciting' things. Jungkook brought all the pans over to the table in the meantime, serving the first course to them both while Taehyung kept telling the younger that Jin was way too careful and that he was capable of way more than Jin let him do. With a laugh Jungkook had told Taehyung to enjoy his dinner and both of them started to eat.

"Was Jin nice to you, apart from the fact that he only let you do the boring stuff?" Jungkook asked, bringing a spoon filled with soup to his mouth.

"He was. He's a really nice guy." Taehyung answered while he also ate some more from the tomato soup. "It's really delicious Kook, thank you for this."

Jungkook gave Taehyung a reassuring smile while he kept eating from his soup. The boys kept talking while they finished their soup and started with the pasta. Jungkook provided both of them with a plate full of it and while he took his seat again his whole demeanor changed. Jungkook looked at Taehyung with a serious expression and the elder instantly stopped eating, thinking he had done something seriously wrong for Jungkook to change demeanor that fast.

"Can I ask you something Tae?" Jungkook started, his tone cleared from all excitement or happiness. Taehyung kept completely still, the Jungkook that was sitting before him was exactly the Jungkook he had come to know in his first week at the prison; unpredictable and scary. This wasn't the Jungkook he had gotten to known in the last few weeks, this version of Jungkook wasn't friendly or caring at all and Taehyung didn't like it at all.

Taehyung gave Jungkook a small nod, anxiety starting to fill up his veins.

"Why did you tell the guys that you killed your brother? I know you didn't do it you know."

"I.....I don't know." Taehyung whispered, his head hung low and his eyes closed.

A soft sigh left Jungkook's mouth, seeing Taehyung so scared of him. This wasn't what he had wanted to happen. Jungkook  just wanted to ask Taehyung about it, not scare him to death, he just couldn't help it. Whenever something serious was happening his business side came out and this tough and scary personality overtook him without thinking. Jungkook took a deep breath and with a soft look in his eyes he looked over at Taehyung.

"Tae, look at me. I'm sorry, I just wanted to know about it. Nothing more, there's nothing to be scared of." Taehyung slowly lifted his head and his eyes crossed with Jungkook's. The younger gave him a soft reassuring smile and motioned for Taehyung to go on with his food. "I asked you about it 'cause I did some research. I've let Jimin look through your case. He hacked your file and I've read it all." Jungkook started again, this time a lot softer and less serious.

Taehyung stilled again, his eyes growing big and his hand frozen mid air. "Y..You did what?"

"I've investigated your case and I'm pretty sure that you didn't do it, they do have a solid case against you though. If I hadn't known you I would have thought that you had done it too, just based on that file." Jungkook got on while he kept eating his pasta.

"Why?" Was the only word Taehyung could get out of his mouth, still in shock about the fact that Jungkook had done research about the elder and his case.

"Well..... everything basically points at you, but I know you didn't do it. As Yoongi said 'you aren't able to kill a fly' You aren't your brother's killer Tae, I'm sure of it." Jungkook spoke again, while he still kept eating his food. "Your pasta is getting cold and besides,........I knew your brother and there is no way that you were strong enough to have killed him." Jungkook stated, Taehyung's fork now falling from his fingers at the fact the younger had known his brother.

"Y..You knew my b...brother?" Taehyung stuttered, his eyes now as big as saucers. He had always known that his brother hung out with 'bad' people but he hadn't expected him to know any gang members. Sure Jungkook wasn't that scary once you got to know him, but Taehyung just didn't see his brother being all friendly with Jungkook at all.

"I did, we weren't friends though. Your brother used to be a member of this gang, he was pretty good at hiding it so that's why you never knew about it. Your brother sold our drugs on the streets and he was pretty good at it too." Taehyung's mouth slowly started to fall open while Jungkook continued with his story.

"He decided to betray us though. He went to the police and told them everything. He made a deal with them to catch some gang members, including myself. A deal that worked and resulted in the fact that myself and a few others ended up behind bars. Your brother was the reason I ended up in that prison in the first place." Jungkook scoffed, thinking back about the whole scene Taehyung's brother had caused that one day. Shit had went down the van and Jungkook had found himself right in the middle of it.

"I..I'm sorry." Taehyung stuttered, his face now as pale as snow.

Jungkook looked back up at the elder. "It wasn't your fault, don't worry about it. I have nothing against you. You aren't your brother, I'm glad he's dead though. I won't sugarcoat that for you. He betrayed me and karma served him right." Taehyung gave Jungkook a soft nod, not knowing if he could trust the younger fully on his word.

Sure Taehyung wasn't his brother but he was family of the person who put Jungkook behind bars. There was a link between Taehyung and the person Jungkook liked having dead and Taehyung didn't like it one bit. "D..Do you know who killed him?"

Jungkook shook his head at Taehyung's question. "I don't, but I'm working on it. What I do know is that the person who killed your brother and the person who framed you are the same person. What I also do know is that it had to be someone inside the gang 'cause they had access to information that we only share inside these walls."

Jungkook serious expression came back and he looked at Taehyung. "Don't trust anyone, someone's is out there to get you Tae and that somebody lives inside this gang."

Taehyung could only gulp at Jungkook's statement and pray that Jungkook wasn't right.