4

"Mr. Min, your results are back."

Oh my god.

Yoongi slowly rises from his seat and gazes on the person in the room, their hands tugging the papers out of the manila envelope.

"Looks like the DNA is a match Mr. Min. We are so sorry for the misunderstanding that has happened."

She's mine...

I knew it...

I knew she was mine...

Yoongi's legs weaken and the boys catch him before he falls, all the stress and pressure releasing from his chest.

"Thank goodness....she's mine..."

"We knew she was yours Hyung. We all knew it the whole time."

Oh my God thank god...

She's mine..

"So...does that mean...I get to take her home?..."

"Yes. She's been cleared for her health and we are drawing up her birth certificate for you to sign. Do you want to add the mother's name?"

"No. I'll leave that blank. Her mother decided to sign her rights away. I don't want her to have anything to do with my daughter."

"Alright Mr. Min, I'll bring in her release papers and birth certificate for you to sign while the nurses get her ready to depart."

I get to go home...

Finally...

After these two days of hell...

I get to take my daughter home.

Yoongi nods and sits back down in his chair as all of the boys sit beside him and pat him on the back, Jimin's eyes sparkling with warmth.

"Hyung, you get to name her."

"What?"

"Since Nanami signed her away...she never had a name. So now you get to pick what She's named."

"Oh...I didn't know that..."

"Do you have an idea?"

"Um...no...you know come to think of it...Nanami never talked about what she wanted to name her...we discussed everything else but that..."

Bitch.

"Well, I know you'll come up with something good Hyung! You're good at picking names."

"Thank you Chim."

Yoongi quickly stands up and grabs the clipboard from the nurse before sitting down again and beginning to fill out all the information, his chest beaming with warmth.

I've waited nine months for this day...

Ever since Nanami told me she was pregnant...I've wanted to sign these papers...knowing you're alive...

"Mr. Min, do you have a carseat?"

Shit.

"Um...at home I do I think...I bought Nanami every piece of baby furniture..."

"It's alright, we can send one with you and whenever you get one you can donate it back or give it away to someone."

"Thank you so much..."

"No problem Mr. Min, they'll be in very soon with your baby."

Yoongi smiles wide and quickly looks back down at the clipboard, the name slot blank in fromt of him.

A name...

I need a name...

I want it to mean something...

I got it.

"Min Makaira."

"Makaira?"

"One who brings happiness."

"Hyung that's a beautiful name. It's fitting for this situation."

"It's fitting for the rest of my life...she has already brought me so much happiness and I haven't even met her yet...but thank you Chim."

"Um...here..here's her certificate..."

"You keep that with you Mr. Min. That's for her book."

Book?

"Ah...okay..."

"Alright, here she is!"

Yoongi looks over at the nurse walking over with a tiny pink bundle in her arms, tears welling in Yoongi's eyes the second he lays eyes on his daughter.

"She's....beautiful..."

"Here you are Mr. Min, we're getting her carseat for you so you can go home."

Oh my god...

She's here...

She's mine...

The nurse carefully places the tiny pink bundle in Yoongi's arms as he hiccups and holds the baby close to him, her full head of coal black hair resembling his own.

"Hyung...she's so precious.."

"Wow...I never thought I would see something more beautiful than my own face...until I saw her that is..."

Yoongi smiles down at his daughter and watches her tiny chest move up and down, his chest blooming with admiration at the tiny bundle.

"Alright Mr. Min, here is your car seat. You're all free to go! Again we are so sorry for the misunderstanding."

"It isn't the hospital's fault...thank you for being so quick to clear it up...I'm forever grateful."

Yoongi leans down and carefully lays Makaira in her seat, his fingers shaking when he clips the chest strap together.

She's so small....

I already love her so much...

"Hyung, the van is out back for you to get out of here safely."

"Alright....come on my little Maki...let's go home..."

"Maki! Hyung that's adorable!"

Yoongi smiles at Jungkook before tugging the cover of the carseat, his hand gripping around the handle.

"Alright...let's go home now..."

"I'm exhausted I can't wait."

Yoongi carefully picks up the careseat and makes his way to the back of the hospital, the boys standing in front of the elevator door.

"Do you want any of us to come with you Hyung? We can try to help out.."

"No Chim It's alright. You guys go get some sleep. I'm just going to go home with her..."

"Alright Hyung, I'll come by to check on you tomorrow."

Yoongi nods and gives his friends a bow as the elevator door shuts tenderly, his back resting against the cold metal wall.

"Ah...Maki...your birth story is going to be interesting to tell you one day. I want to already change it for you and make it better...I'm sorry I can't change it."

The sun begins to set behind the clouds as Yoongi quickly makes his way to the black van waiting in the very basement of the hospital.

"Alright Maki, let's...how..."

Yoongi looks at the straps of the carseat and blinks, his fingers grazing over the hard plastic.

How do you buckle in a seat.

Oh wait, there's directions.

After sucessfully clasping the seat in the driver takes off and Yoongi pushes back the cover, his fingers running down her little tummy.

Even if no one else in the world wants you, I want you. my little Makaira. Min Makaira."

(A/N): UwU