Ch. 10

[ Weaving Thread in The Air ]

(WARNING Short chapter)

"You wanted to talk, Yukino?" Kasai asked raising his eyebrow inquisitively as the other mages turned to them curiously. "We won't be long."

Yukino then proceeded to lead Kasai into the corridor behind their stands and she looked down. Kasai noted that her hand caressed over her gold keys.

"I... I want to give my keys to Lucy," she whispered. Kasai's eyes widened in shock. "It's clear she loves her spirits, Kasai..."

"And you don't?" He asked testily, Yukino looked up at him hesitantly.

"I... I want Libra and Pisces to have a better owner..." she whimpered. The dragonslayer took sense of this and bringing up his old brotherly instincts he pulled her towards him and quickly hugged her tightly.

"Ne... Kasai... are you going to tell Natsu and the rest of Fairytail?"

He sighed, he couldn't tell them. Though Sabertooth knew of his past guild they still hated the fact that he used to be affiliated with 'such a weak guild' and he didn't want Jiemma and Minerva to know he still cared for them just to use them against him.

He shook his head and Yukino didn't say anything, respecting his decision. They walked back out onto the balcony.

"You've improved since last year, Araña," hummed the dark skinned mage. His opponent smirked.

"Isn't it against the laws for a Blue Pegasus member to attack a woman?" she sighed.

"Well, your an exception," he replied cockily, shoving his hands into his pockets. Araña sighed as Chapati announced that neither sides were submitting. Jenny Realight, the reserve member for Blue Pegasus and the day's guest, cheered, yelling that Sherry was cheering for him as well. Shocked, the boy turned to argue but this gave the Mermaid Heel mage a chance to attack him.

Kasai watch confused as the engaged couple begin arguing.

"They're certainly are something, ne, Kasai?" whispered Yukino. The man nodded silently agreeing and thinking the pair needed help.

"Come on, Ren!" Sherry cheered.

"Why are you cheering for a rival team, huh!?" their guildmaster shrieked , threatening to spin her but failed to realize that she already was- which Sherry pointed out.

"They're engaged master!!"

"The hell?!" hissed Ren, turning to glare at the Lamia Scale members who insisted on their engagement. "We are not engaged!"

"How could you say that, love?!" cried Sherry.

"I hate it when Sherry always around me..." The dark skinned mage muttered. He looked down, a light blush painting his cheeks. "But I'm only at my best when we're together. So that's why I can't afford to lose in front of her!"
He narrowed his eyes at the unfazed Mermaid Heel mage who only blew her nail.

"Are you done yet Ren?"

"Arial Phose!" he exclaimed, defeating her in one strike. He hummed as he left the arena, shoving his hands into his pockets and strutting away in his usual manner.