Chapter 14

We've been on the road for an hour or more and I'm bored as shit. I've still kept my distance from Ace, the conversation we had last night did not help...at all and I forgot to call Aiden back but I gave him a text this morning saying sorry. I cannot believe Ace said I was about to 'have phone sex' with Aiden, it cringes me because I don't see him as anything but a friend.

"My ma said she wants the both of you over for dinner tonight" Ace says.

"Yeah man" Ash replies.

"What about you Cam?" Ace questions with a smile as though everything is normal.

"Mmhm" I look out the window.

"I forgot to ask, How did your date go with that Lisa girl?" Ash asks Ace, I snap my head towards the both of them as they communicate in front of me.

"You know the deal just a quickie, I don't date nor care"

"But you took her on a date?" I butt in.

"Yeah so?" He glances back to me.

"Dickhead" I scoff above a whisper.

"Leave him alone Cam, he's living his best life" Ash laughs.

I hate the way they talk about girls, I think they forget I'm a girl. Ace said 'I don't date' so is that the reason he meant yesterday or was it just because he's my brothers best friend. Why am I even thinking about this, I hate him.

The car comes to a stop and we all get out "Mum?! Dad!?" I shout as we walk through the door. My mum comes out the kitchen running down the hall, she lifts me in one swift motion spinning me round squealing "Ughh, my baby" I giggle as she places me on the floor giving me a kiss on the head.

"Hey mum" Ash pulls her into a tight hug.

"Hi sweetheart" She kisses his cheek hugging him tighter.

She turns to Ace with a bright smile "Hi, Mrs. Reeves" Ace smiles.

"Come on now, what have I told you, its Jo" She pulls him into a hug.

Ace spent loads of time here growing up, my mum treated him like her own son along with my dad. On occasion we would hang out at his but that stopped after his father passed, it must have been hard having three troubled boys and losing your husband, I think Ace was the worst behaved, always getting in trouble in and out of school. No matter what he was always in a happy mood through it all its strange he just doesn't show any other emotion well not that I notice.

"Where's dad?" I ask mum as we walk to the kitchen.

"Work sweetie, he can't wait to see you"

"What about me?" Ash says sarcastically and Ace glances at him weirdly.

"The both of you" She corrects herself.

"Lillian asked for us three to have dinner there tonight so we won't be here for dinner" Ash tells her.

"Alright" She nods with a smile.

"Well, I'm putting my stuff away" Ash says leaving the kitchen nodding for Ace to follow.

Once they both leave, mum turns the kettle on and turns to me "How you feeling?" Her happy tone changes to sad.

"I'm fine mum, really" I smile.

"Promise you won't go to parties alone anymore, go with Ash or Ace"

"I wasn't alone, I was with Julia and Aiden"

"I don't know them so I don't trust them, I trust Ash and Ace to look after you"

"Okay, I trust them too but I also trust Aiden and Julia"