30.

Ryan

Who would've thought our trip to LA would've changed our relationship drastically? It's been a few weeks since we came back and we really was focused on each other, Kairi, as well as our businesses and I honestly couldn't be more happier. Not only that Brooke and Chris broke the news that they were expecting a baby. It was bout time they had a baby cause they loved tryna kidnap mines. Me and my mama have talked almost every day since I've been back and she even talked to Kairi through facetime. Kai will be 1 in a couple of months and it was definitely gonna be bittersweet. I love how she's growing up and learning things but I wish time could slow down cause it feels like just yesterday I was at the hospital giving birth to her. And now we're almost a year in, part of me felt like I was ready for another baby but I refused to keep popping out all these kids with no ring or anything. I was in no rush to get married but I felt like we should try to do this the right way. Dave has been super busy at work and I've been busy as well so we really only see each at the end of the day. I knew eventually we could take a break from work to focus on life itself. Cause we have more than enough in savings, we actually have enough to live comfortably for at least 10 years. But I want it to be where when Dave and I are no longer here that Kairi is set as well as her kids and grandkids that was the goal for us. Kairi was down for a nap while I was downstairs in the kitchen prepping me a fruit bowl. There was a knock on the door I put the knife down and headed towards the door opening it. It was Dave's mom,"hi." I wasn't expecting her to be here. "Hey sweetheart." I let her inside and closed the door. "So what brought you by? Dave isn't here." I said taking a seat on the couch. "I actually came by to talk to you." she said still standing by the door. I was confused as to what she could want with me. "Okay? What's wrong?"
"Well it's been brought to my attention by my mom that you and her don't really get along. I've heard her side but I would love to hear your side on the situation." I looked at her, she couldn't be serious showing up to my house asking me about her messy ass mama.
"Okay, well when Dave got into that car accident and was in a coma I had just recently found out I was pregnant. Nobody knew except me and my closest friend. So from my understanding before your mom found out I was pregnant we were fine. But when she found out she switched telling me that she didn't think I was fit to be a parent & why did I get pregnant after knowing Dave for less than a year. She made it her mission to make me miserable my entire pregnancy, then she constantly argues with Dave about not seeing our child. I feel like if you don't like me, you always have a problem with me then you don't like my daughter. And that's when I have a problem, you're not about to continuously disrespect me and then expect me to let you be around my child, it's not happening." I said being comepletly honest with her. She nodded her head,"I understand why you may feel that way, and I agree with you as far as your feelings about the baby being around her. You have that right to control who's around her, as well as Dave. I just hope that you guys don't let her stubbornness affect the relationship between you and Dave." she said and in my mind I was completely surprised that she was not like her mom. I nodded,"thank you for coming by and talking to me." She smiled,"is there any way I can see the baby?" I wasn't exactly sure if I wanted her to see Kairi just yet, just cause Dave and her are being cordial doesn't mean I want people popping in and then leaving. As a kid my dad and I used to be close then he leaves for months and I don't want that inconsistency in my child's life. But I'll put my pride to the side and let her meet her granddaughter for the first time. "Sure, let me go get her. I'll be right back." I got up and headed up the stairs. I walked in Kairi's room and she was laying there with her eyes open, when she saw me she started grinning.
"Hey baby." I smiled picking her up and making sure her diaper was clean. I made my way downstairs and when Pam seen her she gasped. "Oh my goodness, she's so beautiful."
Kairi held this mug on her face, I mentally laughed at her cause she was mean to damn near everybody. She tried to hold Kairi's hand but she jerked her hand away with the mug still on her face. "I'm sorry she's being like this."
She shook her head chuckling, "no it's fine, she looks exactly like Dave oh my." Right on cue is when the door opened,"Bae I'm home." he said kicking off his shoes. "In the living room." I called out and when he walked in he stopped right in his tracks when he saw the sight. "What's this?" he asked loosening his tie. "Your mom stopped by to see Kairi." I said confused as to why he isn't happy to see that we're getting along. "Ryan lemme talk to you real quick." we headed towards the kitchen and once we made it in he started talking above a whisper,"Why is she here?"
"I just told you why.. why is it a problem I thought y'all were cool?"
"We are but we ain't cool enough for her to just show up at my house and we damn sure aint cool enough for her to see my daughter." he stressed tugging at his beard. "I'm sorry, I'll go take her upstairs and y'all can talk or whatever." I said walking out the kitchen with Kai on my hip. I made my way upstairs and sat her in her bouncer. I turned her on TV and let the cartoons play as she focused on that. I went back downstairs and Pam was leaving. Once Dave closed the door he faced me, "I'm not mad, I just don't trust her enough to be around Kairi." I nodded and told him it won't happen again. He pecked me on the lips and headed upstairs. I just wonder when will everything get better instead of all this chaos.

-
A/N : question.. If I don't do a sequel to this what would y'all be interested in? Better yet who would y'all like to be in one of my books?