Chapter 7: The Path To Become The Bane Of Dragon

Dovahkiin POV

Delphine had just left exited the inn and I was deciding our next move. Me and Lydia find her a bit shady even though she claims that her cause is just. The sun is currently rising right now. We'll stay in Riverwood for a bit to prepare for the journey, but we must head to High Hrothgar before we meet up with Delphine since we still need to return the horn. I returned with the horn only for the Greybeards to finally teach me the last word of the Unrelenting Force Shout. They then gathered around me and spoke in booming voices that echoed all around me. My vision was only getting blurry and they were surprised that I was still alive.

Lydia seemed to be most concerned with me. I hope she trusts the Greybeards like how I do. I should also keep quiet about this to Delphine for now. When I asked the Greybeards what they did, they told me that they were speaking words that Tiber Septim himself had heard. They also told me that they could feel the whispers of other words of power. I should keep this in mind. Afterall, if I'm facing the Firstborn of Akatosh, then I should do it at my best.

We then headed back towards Riverwood to sleep at the inn. We'll leave first thing tomorrow by heading to Whiterun to take the horse carriage to Windhelm, the capital of the Stormcloak Rebellion. The dragon is said to be near a small settlement near there named Kynesgrove. We were about to go to bed, but Lydia spoke to me.

Lydia: My Thane?

Dovahkiin: Yes Lydia?

Lydia: Why don't you trust her?

Dovahkiin: Why don't you?

Lydia: All she cares about is you, her goals, and I feel like she isn't telling us everything.

Dovahkiin: Those are some of my reasons as well, but...

Lydia: But what?

Dovahkiin: I...can we talk about this another time? I just want to go to sleep.

Lydia: Y-yes my Thane.

We both lay down on the bed. My back was to her as I was about to go to sleep, but I felt a pair of arms wrap around my body. I knew it was Lydia, but I was surprised nonetheless.

Lydia: I-I know this seems a bit forward, but I really care about you. I don't know what will happen in the future. I don't know if we'll succeed or die in battle, but please know that I will follow you and that I will die for you.

Dovahkiin: No...lets just have each other's backs and lets not thing of what could happen in the future. They could be possible outcomes. I'm uncertain of what's to come. We are but flesh and bone. We know our doom, but not the hour.

LordAuthor259: Anyone got that?

I then began to drift off to sleep with our conversation still in my head. That was probably the first time in awhile that I had a goodnight's sleep.

TIMESKIP

Dovahkiin POV

We had arrived at Kynesgrove and everything was chaos. I looked to where the burial is only to see that dreaded dragon in the sky flying overhead. It was Alduin and I sweared to Akatosh that he had glanced at me a few times while circling the burial. We had met up with Delphine behind a rock near the burial, but I knew that Alduin knew where we were.

Alduin: SLEN TIID VOL! (Flesh Time Horror)

Alduin had used a shout and a dragon's skeleton burst out of the burial. It crawled out as embers and what looked like to be burnt scales began to engulf it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Alduin had raised a dragon from the dead. I've heard of necromancy, but nothing like this. The dragon looked as though it had never died.