||3.5||

Song:

Let her go

By Passenger

love should not look like you are giving up on yourself while giving too much of yourself to someone else

||3.5||

'I will never leave you alone,I swear'

_

Flashback
Age 21(both)

_

'The number you are trying to call is currently busy. Please try again later'

Beep

Beep

Isla placed her phone on the nightstand and stared at the sleeping figure beside her.

Her husband.

She smiled to herself and went closer to him while throwing the blanket around herself. She plopped her head on her elbow and reached out to run her hand on his soft,silky hair.

Isla knew that she can never get over how adorable her husband looks when is fast asleep.

It made her happy and proud that her husband shows his vulnerable and cute side only to her.

She knew she was being silly but she couldn't help it.

She was hopelessly in love with Sebastian Walsh.

Isla spent a good amount of time admiring her husband's handsome features before deciding it was time to get the day started.

She removed her hand from his hair only for a large hand to pull her back.

"Don't stop",Sebastian murmured,his voice coming out huskier than ever.

"It's time to wake up,honey",Isla chuckled and kissed his lips softly.

Sebastian groaned and openedhis eyes and stared at his beautiful wife.

His wife.

He felt like a child till yesterday and now...his wife.

He took her small hand from his chest and placed small kisses on her knuckles while staring straight at her.

Sebastian's mood turned sour when he noticed her dried up tears.

"What is it?" He asked and pulled her to his chest.

"It's time to wak-"

"No,not that. Why were you crying?" Sebastian questioned while inhaling her natural vanilla scent.

"N-nothing" Isla stuttered and ran her hand up and down his chest in an feeble attempt to distract him.

"This isn't going to work,Isla",Sebastian spoke sternly,grabbing her hand,"I'll ask you again. What is it?"

Isla just sighed sadly,a few brown tinted curls slipping from her loose bun.

"I tried calling my family."

Sebastian didn't need for her to explain further to understand the situation.

Isla's family- her father and her three elder brothers-were against their relationship. At first,Sebastian thought that they were just being over-protective of Isla since she was the only girl in their family. But it didn't take him time to realise that he himself was the reason for their disapproval.

Sebastian tried asking them what was upsetting them only for a huge argument to break out.

That's when he decided,that the only choice left was to elope,to have Isla for himself.

Their wedding ceremony took place at a small church with no family,friends,anything. Sebastian wore a dark tuxedo while Isla chose a stunning gown as they took their vows.

Sebastian's family was disappointed,hurt but they accepted Isla with open arms.

On the other hand,Isla's family was devastated. The fact that their daughter left behind her family to marry a guy was a hard pill to swallow. They minute they came to know about the marriage they threw them out of their house and warned Isla to never call them again.

Sebastian pinched his nose and looked down at Isla who was sobbing painfully.

"Why did you call them,Isla?" He asked calmly while rubbing her back in a soothing manner.

"Ivan got married,Seb"

Isla was finding it hard to believe that her eldest brother married someone without her knowledge. She was feeling hurt,humiliated.

"Who told you that?" Sebastian asked carefully.

"Ivan's best friend. I saw him at the grocery store yesterday. He asked me why I didn't attend Ivan's wedding."

"It's been a month since they git married,Seb...I know,I know what we did was wrong but still...why?"

Sebastian wasn't much surprised.

What else could he expect from them?
From the people he and wife had hurt so bad.

He was sure that this was the way her family would have felt when they came to know about the marriage.

"Seb?" Isla called her husband and stared at his blue eyes,"Promise me. Promise me you'll never leave me. Ever."

"I promise you,Isla. I'll never,ever leave you alone." Sebastian promised and kissed her forehead affectionately.

"I love you,Seb. I swear"

"I love you,too. I love you,too"

And just like that Sebastian Walsh made yet another promise that was meant to be broken.