Chapter 2: Alexander

Note: Alexander's Point of view of the previous chapter.

ALEXANDER

I closed my laptop after reading the final draft of a contract with Clarke master builders constructions.

Those people were snakes and are known for extorting their clients, I wasn't about to give them a dime more than they deserved.

The only reason I agreed to a partnership with them was that they were the best in the industry.

I've been in this line of business for too long, I know what hard work means.

At just eight-teen-years-old, I was left in charge of a 10.5 billion empire.

My parents died when I was fifteen.

I was left in the care of my godfather, Sebastian. He has been my mentor ever since. It wasn't easy going to college while trying to run a business.

While kids my age were going out to parties, I was at home trying to figure out a new business strategy to expand the business. Since then, our airlines have been the best and most highly recommended.

Sebastian helped me through it, he helped manage the business until I was completely prepared.

I worked hard so that I could have everything I have. Now I go out to drink whenever I want and only show up to work when I feel like it.

I heard a soft knock on the door then muttered "Come in,"

My assistant Rosie walked in, her hands behind her back.

"Sir, I just wanted to remind you of your meeting Monday morning, 7 a.m. I'll make sure to remind you again on Sunday." Rosie said.

"Thank you," I answered then looked down onto my computer.

"Is there anything else you need before I go home?" She asked, her head tilted down.

Rosie has even afraid of me ever since I shouted at her, all my employees were. As long as you get things done exactly how I want them, we'll get along perfectly fine.

I shook my head no, I dismissed her by simply waving her away.

My phone vibrating on my desk. I picked it up, Justin's name popping up on my screen.

We went to college together. He was my best friend.

While some people get distracted by drugs, I have Justin. He is always looking for the next stupid thing to do.

"I'm working," I said answering the phone.

"Come on Alex, it's Friday night. Let's have some fun." Justin said.

I sighed.

"Come over to my club, Starlight diamonds." He insisted. "Some models are waiting for you." He said in a tempting tone.

Justin owned a few of the most exclusive nightclubs in the city. An entry fee for just one night could cost you a few hundred bucks, not to mention the VIP section.

"Fine, I'll see you there," I replied then hung up the phone.

Justin was just going to have to wait. I had a couple more documents I needed to sign plus emails to check, I had someone who responded to my e-mails for me except for the important ones.

After about thirty minutes of checking emails, I looked at my watch to see that it was already 7 p.m.

I pressed the bottom corner button on the computer to shut it down.