Epilogue

Five years later.........

Pooja's P.O.V

"Kids......., Come fast and have your breakfast.", I put the pancakes on their plates, and keep it aside on the counter for them to come get it. I wait for a few minutes but don't hear any noise.

"Are you guys coming down or should I come upstairs to your room?", I raise my voice. I know it was a weekend and my kids ought to sleep in a little, but it was already 10:30, and Arjun had planned to take us somewhere this afternoon. Where this somewhere was, you should ask him, because........... he wouldn't tell me.

I walk up the stairs, still hearing no sound. Esha's room was closer to the stairs while Kiran's and Sanjay's were opposite hers. I knock on Esha's door, calling out her name, but there was no reply. I try the handle and the door opens. Switching on the lights, I her still covered with her blanket, from head to toe. Sighing I walk up to her and pull the blankets off.

And not so surprisingly, there are only pillows under it. Irritated I check the room thoroughly and still no sign of her.

I walk up to Kiran's room, expecting the same. This wasn't the first time my kids were pulling this prank with me. Last time this happened they were playing hide and seek inside the green house, with their dad, my beloved husband. He was the master mind behind their pranks.

Nearing his door, I see the lights suddenly turn off and hear small feets rushing inside along with whispers. I open the door and switch on the lights. I see three pairs of small feet hiding behind....

A big card with letters cut out from different colour papers on it. Big means, as big as to cover my eight, seven and three year old kids behind it.

Happy birthday Mama.....

Was written on it with a lot of origami butterflies and flowers decorating its sides.

A small hand comes from up and pulls open the card. The edges and sides are decorated with photos of me with my kids from different times during past five years and in the middle there is a drawing covering both the flaps of the card. It looked like my kids tried to draw and colour a picture of our family.

There were words like 'Mama', 'Papa', 'Sanju', 'Kiran' and 'Esha' written on respective heads. There were three envelopes stuck on the chests of the pictures with 'Kiran', 'Sanju' and 'Esha' written on the top.

I first take the one with Kiran's name on it. Inside, there was a folded piece of paper with his scratchy handwriting filling it in different colour ink..........

To the best Mama of the world,

I love you soooooooooo sooooooo sooooooooooooo much.

I love your smile.
I love your eyes.
You are the most beautiful girl Mama and Esha is second (otherwise she will kill me).

I love your songs.
I love your dance.
I love your stories.

I love your pancakes. 

I like you helping me study.
I like you helping me with my hurt knee and elbow with out pain.

My friends say they want you as their Mama and I always fight with them.