Chapter 7 - Sadness

"Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained."

Andrea's POV

I looked at him, stunned. Did I hear right? No. No, it wasn't impossible. He couldn't do it. We loved each other. No, I heard wrong. Yes, I heard wrong.

I gulped and barely stood up. I breathed deeply and mumbled. "What?"

"I want to break up. It is over." He answered in a cold voice.

I looked at him, shocked. My legs started trembling while my hands got cold.

"I don't want to continue this anymore. I am sorry." He stated dryly.

"You..." I murmured and shook my head as tears shimmered in my eyes. "You are beside yourself." I said with a cracking voice. "I understand you. You lost your father...."

"It isn't related to my state." He cut me off. "Yes, I feel sad, but my decision has nothing to do with it. I don't feel anything towards you. I don't love you. So don't make it hard. Just accept it. Goodbye." He declared with a stoic expression and left without letting me say anything.

"Alejandro..." I called him while tears ran down my cheeks, but he didn't stop and got in his car. He gave a cold glare and drove away.

"No...Alejandro..." I mumbled, crying while staring at his car moving away. Suddenly, I collapsed on my knees onto the ground while tears were running down my cheeks non-stop. "Alejandro...please....don't do it to us..." I murmured, crying as I rested my hand on my stomach. I pursed my lips together as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I breathed deeply, trying to calm down. A few minutes later, it passed.

I was still sitting on the ground, staring at the waves, lost in my thoughts. My mind was fuzzy. I felt numb. I leaned against the bench for support and stood up barely. I wiped my tears off my cheeks with my trembling hand. My legs were weak. I walked towards my car slowly.

I got in the car and started the car. I didn't feel well. My body was trembling, and I felt slightly dizzy.

As I walked into the mansion, my mother approached me. She asked me something, concerned, but I couldn't understand; my mind was fuzzy. I looked at her, dazed without saying anything and placed my hand on the wall for support as my head spun. My vision was blurry. My mother wrapped her arm around my shoulder as she looked at me, worried. Suddenly, my vision darkened.

When I opened my eyes, I was laying on my bed.

"Honey, are you better?" My mother asked, holding my hand between her hands.

"I..." I mumbled as I sat up on the bed.

"You scared me, dear." She said, worried and stroked my hair gently. I couldn't hold myself and burst out crying. "Andrea, what happened?" She asked in panic and hugged me tightly. I buried my head into her chest, crying. "Andrea?" She pulled away slightly and cupped my cheeks. "What happened, dear? Please, tell me. You are scaring me." She asked, worried.

"Nothing..." I mumbled and leaned back against the headboard. I pulled my legs towards my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs, sobbing.

"Andrea, please." My mother gave me a begging look and stroked my hair.

"He..." I breathed deeply as nausea flooded over me. Fortunately, it passed quickly. "He..." I couldn't finish my sentence as I burst out crying again.

"Andrea." She sighed and cupped my chin, lifting it up. "Who is he? Your boyfriend? Did he do anything bad to you?" She asked, concerned as she looked into my eyes.

I nodded, sobbing and wiped my tears off my cheeks. "He...broke up with me." I mumbled.

"Oh, dear." She gave me a warm smile and hugged me. She stroked my back smoothly as she added. "I understand you. Your heart is arching, but no one is worth your tears. Especially him. If he could not see what a beautiful girl you are, inside and outside, then he isn't worth your love nor tears." She placed a soft kiss on hair and pulled back.

"We were so good. I don't understand why he broke up suddenly." I explained, sobbing and wiped my tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand.

"Didn't he say anything?" She asked, puzzled.

"No, he didn't give me any proper explanation." I replied, desperate. "He...He has...family issues. He is beside himself...I thought it was because of it, but he said it had nothing to do with it." I mumbled, playing with my fingers.

"Maybe, it will be better. Both of you need some time. After some time, maybe, he will understand that he still loves you." She said softly.

"I hope. I...love him so much...and..." I didn't finish my sentence and bit my lower lip, looking down.

"And?" My mother asked as she placed her hand on top of my hand.

"Nothing...I just cannot lose him." I mumbled.

She gave me a warm smile and stroked my hair. "Don't worry, my beautiful girl. Everything will be better." She reassured me and hugged me.

"Thank you, Mom." I said and hugged her back.

It had been two days since we broke up. I called him every day; I wanted him to give me an explanation. I knew that he still loved me. I knew. He couldn't forget me this quickly. It was impossible. I even sent him messages, but neither he picked up my calls, nor he sent a message to me. I went to his penthouse as well, but the security guard told me that Alejandro wasn't home and didn't let me in saying it was Alejandro's order. I felt desperate. My heart was arching.

I breathed deeply as I grabbed my phone and called Alejandro. A few seconds later, he finally picked up my call.

"Alejandro..." I said nervously.

"Don't call me again. Don't you understand? We broke up." He snapped, frustrated and hung up.

I collapsed onto the bed as tears ran down my cheeks.

Don't get upset, Andrea. He didn't mean it. It is Alejandro. He never did anything to hurt me. It was because of his father. They were so close. So it affected him so badly.