T H R E E

CHAPTER THREE

I kept running despite the pain I felt. I'm in danger, I had an inkling the moment that they had an abrupt change in their aura. Something is wrong with Sehun, his eyes were glowing red and there were marks appearing on his face.

My heart continued to pound faster, I could hardly breathe. I could hear the sound of a door slamming and some shouts coming from the dining hall. My breath hitched as I kept running around in the seemingly endless halls.

"We couldn't restrain him anymore" I gasped when Luhan suddenly appeared beside me.

"What do I do?" I was so close to crying.

"We can't control Sehun at this state, but we'll try our best" Luhan looked at me worriedly. "Just don't let him catch you"

"Saying something?"

We stopped when we saw Sehun right in front of us. His appearance definitely changed. His hair got messed up, his eyes were glowing in different hues of red and he had marks on his face. He had an ominous aura surrounding him.

"Run Paige!" Luhan yelled as he blocked Sehun. I also saw Chanyeol from the end of the hallway.

I ran past them. What on earth is going on? Am I going to die tonight? I never wanted any of this, heck I never even believed this! I sighed in relief when I saw the main door. I ran towards the main door and I rushed to open it.

Panic rushed across my system when it wouldn't even budge. "Paige, what are you still doing here?" Tao asked upon seeing me.

"Please help me, the door wouldn't open." I pleaded.

Tao went towards the door and he tried opening it. "Damn, this is Sehun's doing. You're trapped here."

Just then, I saw Baekhyun and Kyungsoo running towards us. "Why is she still here?" Kyungsoo asked.

Tao simply pointed the door. "It's stuck,"

Baekhyun cussed. "Not again, I guess it's inevitable." he shook his head. I went closer to him and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"What exactly are you? What the heck is happening? Is he going to kill me?" I darted one question after another. I've never been this scared my entire life.

"Calm down," he said as he held my wrists.

"All of us are half-demons" he said as he looked straight at me. I stood there in silence not knowing how to react. Demons? How could they be demons?

"Our father is a demon and our mother is a mortal. We all possess both qualities of a human and a demon," Kyungsoo explained. "However, it's different with Sehun. His two sides don't balance well like ours. It's either he's just human or he's a full demon."

"When he's in his demon form, we can't control him since he becomes stronger than all of us. His targets are humans, in this case... you." he continued.

I haven't even fully grasped the whole thought that they aren't normal humans and now they're basically telling me that I'm in danger. My breathing hitched. "I don't understand. Why is it only with him? Does my father even know about this?"

"Your stepfather knows," Kyungsoo added. My eyes widened in shock, why would he send me here if he knows that they're demons? "You think he just sent you here to live with us because he's worried that you'd be alone?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow.

It was as if I'd gone deaf upon hearing his next words. "Your father owes his boss, our father, a lot of money. You happen to be his easiest way out of that trouble." No... it can't be, what kind of man is he?!