11. karma

You know the drill. Vote, comment follow. Ily

EVAN WOLFE

The afternoon we went to go and get my nose pierced was the same night Jaxon informed us of an event we had to attend.

The event was being held by Caleb's dad, everyone seemed confused to say the least. After seeing how he was to Caleb that time we went to their house, I'm sure it's left bad imprints on everyone.

Jaxon doesn't share any more details, just that we had to go and we had to dress smart. It was next weekend and I was already dreading it. Caleb and his dad in one space? What a recipe for disaster.

In private Ava informs me what the real reason was for the need to be at Caleb's dads function.

"So what Jax told me was that Caleb practically begged him to come to this event, said something about needing support," Ava explains as she folds over the corner of my book that sits on my bedside table.

"What event it is?" I ask.

Ava shrugs. "His dad like throws these events every so often apparently, Caleb says he hasn't been to one in ages and said doubling up the pack will put his mind at ease."

I snort. "So he's using us like a pawn for his dad, pretend we're this elite pack when realistically we are average at best."

My eyes look up to meet Ava's. "Jax says he's really caught up about this you know, he is scared of his dad." Ava says seriously.

I think that was pretty obvious from what we saw of them before. "You don't say," my voice drips with sarcasm.

"Has anything else happened since that night you were meant to meet?" She questions, her eyes soft and curious.

I shake my head. I ended up telling Ava about that night because she could read me like a book, she knew I was down and she demanded to know why.

Keeping things from her was impossible because she is the last person to ever judge you, she gives honest advice and she will always be there for you.

"We mindlinked briefly earlier but nothing much, I'm just sick of not knowing where his head at. One minute he's all over me and the next he doesn't wanna be near me." I let out a sigh.

Ava half smiles at me. "If you need to talk about anything, you know I'm always here."

"I know," I smile gently at her.

. . .

I've never worn a suit in my life, never have I had the chance to be dressed this formally.

Jaxon and Ava took me out to get a tailored suit and I felt beyond guilty. Tailored suits are not cheap I can tell you that.

I was more than happy to just get a cheap one from some average outlet but they insisted I get something more special. They told me it wouldn't go to waste as they said I could wear it at their wedding which they still haven't got round to.

When I looked at myself in the mirror I couldn't help but feel so grown up. I had always been the baby of the pack and for once I felt more like a man than a boy. My blonde curls were pushed back slightly so that my eyes weren't covered.

I felt good and that made a sense of pride buzz in my body.

The event was being held in a manor across the district, the journey to get there was an hour in the car in which I slept most the way.