Chapter 41 : Cruel Games

The mobster fumbled with the magnetic card, struggling to unlock the hotel room as Mirai hung unto his arm, with a clueless giggle.

''We're going to have ourselves some fun tonight sweetheart...''

''I better warn you... I play harder than other girls...'' Mirai said seductively before walking in the room and motioning the man to come closer.

''You play hard, uh? What kinds of game do you have in mind baby? '' The man said while closing the door being him.

''Real kinky stuff; sedatives, kidnapping and torture based interrogation...'' Mirai said with an innocent smile as confusion appeared on the mobster's face.

Before he could put the pieces together, Namjoon walked out of the shadows and planted a syringe in the back of the man's neck, making him fall limp, onto the carpeted floor.

Mirai ripped her platinum wig off and ruffled her hair and Namjoon stepped over the unconscious man's figure.

''You had all this planned from the start didn't you? What were the chances of this Russian traitor being at the same club where you invited me to talk business? You knew he would be there and that's why you picked this location for our meeting...'' Namjoon said, in a matter of fact tone.

''Touché!''

''You didn't need my help to lure him, but you knew I would refuse to let you do things yourself unless I didn't have a choice, so you set me up for failure when I went to negotiate with him...'' Namjoon added.

''We're partners now, so it would only be fair if we split the work 50/50. Besides, seeing you face while I was flirting with that mobster was priceless!'' Mirai said with a chuckle.

''This is not funny! I was worried for you!''

''You weren't worried, you were jealous; there's a difference...''

''I wasn't jealous!''

Mirai closed the space between them and looked up at Namjoon through her lashes.

''Not even a little bit?'' she said cutely.

Namjoon gulped. How could this girl go from a threatening yakuza to an adorable girl in the blink of an eye?

''Stop teasing me when you know the answer already....'' Namjoon said, his blush betraying his calm façade and his breathing accelerating.

He just wanted to lean forward and kiss Mirai like he had never kissed her before, but an invisible barrier stood between them. He couldn't, not yet.

He had the scare of his life by thinking he had lost her. He would never make the same mistake again. He had to re-earn her trust.

Mirai was he one to cross the barrier to whisper in his ear.

''Did you know I paid extra for a soundproof room...''

A chill ran up his back and a smile crept up on his lips. If she was the one making the moves; then no need to wait.

''Oh did you, now...'' he replied seductively.

''If you need some release and you want to make the most of this sound proofing... I'm sure he wouldn't mind...'' Mirai said before glancing at the passed out mobster with a grin.

Namjoon's hope deflated halfway through her sentence. She was toying with him, yet again.

''Ouch...that was cruel... I really walked right into this one didn't I?''

''You sure did!'' Mirai said with a chuckle.'' Anyhow, I have work to do... See you when you're done squeezing the truth out of this fool. Good Night, Mr. Kim.'' The girl said before turning around and walking over ( as in ''on''...) the unconscious man's back.

Namjoon eyed Mirai's figure as she made her way to the door, tongue tied. He didn't know what hurt more, her teasing him or her addressing him so formally.

''W-wait! I have something for you! It's very important!'' Namjoon said before pulling her father's letter out of his pocket and handing it to her. ''I hope we'll meet again soon, lady Kuromiya.''

Before walking out, she gave him a smile over her shoulder and Namjoon's heart leaped.

How many times was he going to fall in love with this girl all over again?

***

Namjoon leisurly walked down the basement stairs to the familiar sounds of inhuman screams.

''... a deep cut causes more risk of hemorrhage and we don't want to accidentally kill the person we're interrogating, so it's much better to work on a bigger area, but keeping the wounds shallow... Besides, there are more nerves on the surface of the skin so it's also the most painful...'' Yoongi explained patiently as Jungkook nodded like a good student.

''So it would be more efficient to skin someone's hand rather than cut it off?'' Jungkook said, half questioning.

''It depends... If you're skilled enough to keep the person you're interrogation from bleeding out, the trauma of losing a limb might just be the thing to push him over the edge. It's physiological as well as physical.'' Namjoon interrupted as Yoongi was about to answer.

''Cutting a hand up is brutish; carefully skinning it takes skill, it's almost an art form...'' Yoongi added.

''Talking about art, is this piece almost done?'' Namjoon asked with a disdainful glance towards the mauled mobster.

''Almost there; I'll let you handle the finishing touches...'' Yoongi replied before wiping his knife on his sleeve.

Namjoon gave Jungkook a look and the youngest immediately went over to the mobster to take the hood off of his head and rip the tape from his mouth.

Namjoon leaned over to the beat up man with a smile.

''Jungkook here is a newbie when it comes to torture, either you tell me what I want to know or we let him play with you until he's become an expert... ''

''I'll tell you everything! Please, don't kill me!'' the mobster begged pathetically.

Mirai was right; he was a coward.

''I want the name and rank of all of your little friends and everything you can tell me about their shady businesses...''

***

Author's note: Poor namjoon got teased by Mirai pretty bad this time! xD 

Next chapter will mark the beginning of the last arc of this story. Don't worry tho, the final arc will take around 10 more chapters so it isn't the end yet! ;) I'm already working on the final chapters so I'd love to hear what you want/expect for this story's ending! I really want you to enjoy the conclusion to this adventure so I want to take your input into consideration! :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks as always for reading!