Chapter 32

Hannah's P.O.V.

I don't know if I could do this anymore. I was tired and very hangry.  Fashion week used to be exciting but now it was a headache for me. It was just so chaotic and at times I felt like a robot. This wasn't the life I wanted anymore.  I wanted silence and peace. Most of all I wanted Cara.

Everything happened so quickly that I don't think we settled anything. It's like we put a paused on the issue. She went to L.A. with Jane to meet the producer who wanted to bring her book to the big screen. I got pulled into work and everything else has been a second thought.

I just needed rest and clarity. I need a new direction. I didn't want to model anymore. It was a good start, but I couldn't do it now. The traveling, the restrictions and the number of creeps I have encountered were enough for me to stop.  New York became home and I have someone that I didn't want to be away from.

Cara must have been busy. I looked at my phone and there was still no messages from her. I haven't heard from her since she told me she was in Burbank and she thought the producer was amazing. I was surprised because she didn't take to people easily. I was pretty sure she hated me when she first saw me.

I remembered all the times she tried avoiding me. She preferred injuring herself than to be in the same room with me.  One time she walked out of the room and then flung herself back in when she realized I was in the living room.

"Hey pretty girl, want a burger?"

I looked up from my phone and to my surprise, I saw Amanda holding up a bag from Shake Shack.

"You're back!"  I ran toward her and wrapped my arms around her.

"I know, but I miss L.A. weather already," Amanda stated. "It's freaking cold here."

"Let's go inside."

We made our way back to the apartment and Amanda set up the food on the dinner table while I got the plates.

"No, Cara?" Amanda looked around the apartment.

"She went to L.A. for work," I said as I took a seat. I shouldn't be eating fast food and I might regret it later but I deserve it after forgoing carbs for weeks. I took a giant bite of the burger.

"How is it to be alone in the apartment?"

"I hate it," I blurted out. I didn't see myself as someone who was clingy but it was always felt good to come home to someone. 

"I've always seen you as the type," Amanda said as she took a sip of her drink.

"What?" I placed my burger down on my plate.

"The boring stay at home types," Amanda said. "You're such a lesbian."

"What's wrong with wanting to stay home? And that is such a stereotype."

"Nothing. It's just boring," Amanda answered with a shrug.

"I rather be boring than to go out to some club and meet a bunch of strangers," I argued.

"But clubs can be so much fun," Amanda explained. "All those tight, hot bodies pressed up against one another in one room...hmmm." She bit her lip as she gripped on to the table.

"Okay, stop!"  I couldn't help but stare at Amanda in fear and disgust. She's kind of a slut. Oh my god, Hannah don't think that way about your sister even if she is.

"Sorry, did I get carried away?" Amanda fanned herself. 

"How are you like this?"

"I just have a lot of energy," Amanda explained.