(43)

Song Above: Kehlani Again.

"Brody it's beautiful,"

I stood in awe at the sight before me.

Hidden in the crevasses of the trees in his garden with the moon illuminating its shape was an old log cabin. It's oak structure looked as if it had been preserved for years and sculptured into a one-story guest house.

"You really think so?" His lips curled into a smile, reaching out and grabbing my hand, "My dad and I built this a while back,"

"You and your dad?"

"Yeah, once upon a time we actually got along," He said to himself rather than to me. I could hear the sadness in his tone and I squeezed his hand in an attempt to comfort him.

He shook his head and turned towards me, "I figured we could spend the rest of the weekend here, just you and I,"

"I'd really like that," I smiled but then a thought entered my head, "Would your parents be okay with that?"

The last thing I wanted was Mrs Jackson charging in on me with her icy stare and a machete trying to decapitate me for leaving her actual son for her stepson.

"You mean my dad," He corrected me. I had forgotten his distaste when it came to his stepmom, "I don't have to answer to him,"

He pulled me closer so we were inches apart. He brought a handout and gently moved a stray hair behind my ear, "I want you here, so I don't care what they say,"

"I want to be anywhere you are," I breathed, breaking the gap between us and meeting his lips.

It was slow and tender, in a way that words never would be. He wrapped his arms around me, his hand finding the small of my back and the heat surged through me at his touch. I held onto his t-shirt tightly wanting more and more.

He could tell but he restrained himself and smiled against my lips. He pulled back and looked down at me, his eyes a pallet of browns in the night's sky.

"We'll have loads of time for that, I want to show you some things first," His mouth was huge and raised into a smile and he turned on his heel walking towards the cabin. His steps had a bounce to them and he twisted his body to see if I was following.

"Come on Poison," He playfully winked using the nickname he had given me, "I ain't got all day,"

I followed him, grabbing his extended hand as I met him at the steps and allowed him to guide me into the cabin. I could taste the freshness of the night air flowing through the open window and I felt the hairs on my arms stand, not from the cold but from the beauty of it all.

There was a large crackling fire that gave me a warm welcome and I could smell the wood-burning. My eyes travelled over the panels of wood that held its structure in place, the bookcase indented in the walls that kept hundreds of well-read books safe and the king-sized bed in the far corner, that looked inviting with its Egyptian silk bedding. I ran my hands over the navy fabric sofa feeling its softness on my fingers and found a table sat at the end of it.

A wooden frame with three people in it caught my attention. I slowly picked it up and looked at the picture in more detail.

A young boy with curly brown hair and sun-kissed skin sat beaming with a huge grin spread across his face. He was in between two equally as happy adults. The woman was young and breathtakingly beautiful, with deep brown eyes and curls that flowed down her shoulders. The male was just as handsome, with strong features and blue eyes that pierced through you.

They had their arms around the boy and if you looked close enough you could see the warmth in their eyes. I went to say something but the frame was yanked out of my hands.