Seven

3rd person POV:

Sophie is scrubbing a table inside the restaurant when the door shuts suddenly and she hears the whoosh of a vampire running unseen. She walks cautiously, listening for further sounds.

"Hello? Seriously, Marcel? Trying to scare me? I had nothing to do with the attack on your guys last night!" Sophie calls out to an empty room. Some hanging pots start moving behind Sophie, as though a wind has passed through them, and she turns around. She walks toward them slowly, then grabs a knife, which she lifts in time for Rebekah to appear and grab her raised, knife-wielding arm.

"Sophie Deveraux. My brother, Elijah, told me about you. Know who I am?" The blonde Original asks. "Yeah, I know," Sophie said nodding. "Then you know we need to talk," Rebekah informs the brunette witch

***

Rebekah and Sophie talk while walking among the burial vaults of the cemetery.

"So, if I had to guess, knowing Klaus's history, Elijah has a dagger in his chest. It's a magical object, you're a witch. Do a locator spell, locate the dagger, locate Elijah," Rebekah demanded.

"I can't use magic. It's punishable by death – Marcel's rules," Sophie points out. 

"Marcel? What do you think I'm going to do to you if you don't give me what I want?" Rebekah questions.

"Not much. I've been linked, so anything you do to me, you do to Hayley," Sophie said smugly. 

"Who?" Rebekah asks.

"Oh come now Rebekah, you're memory is terrible," Amelia said walking up to the two of them. Both woman regard her. Sophie was shocked that she was in the cemetery and then remembered that she had been invited in the other day. Rebekah was confused on why she was here. Surely she had better things to do, like protecting Hayley. 

"Oh, right the mumzy. Well, luckily for you, Elijah seems to care about her, otherwise I'd break your neck right here. How did Marcel get so bloody powerful, anyway? He wasn't like this when I left a hundred years ago," Rebekah asked. 

"Marcel has a way to tell whenever there's magic done in the Quarter. The 'how' isn't relevant," Sophie points out. 

"I'll tell you what's not bloody relevant – a coven of witches who can't do magic. Here's an idea: move away," Rebekah suggests. 

"We practice ancestral magic. This cemetery is filled with the remains of our witch ancestors. Without access to them, we're powerless. If we run, we're leaving our legacy behind – our home, our family," Sophie explains. Amelia just rolled her eyes, and mentally groaned at how pathetic witches were.

"Well, family's overrated. Look at me. I'm back in a city that's given me nothing but heartache, looking for a brother who's hell-bent on protecting a baby I don't care about," Rebekah said. Amelia shot her a look of sympathy, well aware that New Orleans had not been kind to the blonde Original. 

"I find that hard to believe. You're here, aren't you?" Sophie pointed out. 

"I'm here for Elijah. The instant I find him, I'm gone. He was the one who idiotically believed this baby would be Niklaus' redemption. And now he's missing, probably at the hands of Klaus himself. And you were foolish enough to believe that Elijah could convince Klaus to go against Marcel, when everyone knows that they have a history," Rebekah told her.

"Klaus sired Marcel. I'm aware," Sophie replied. Amelia sat down and crossed her arms with a smug smile, waiting for Rebekah to explain. 

"You don't understand. Marcel is not just some guy that Klaus turned into a vampire. Klaus loved him like a son," Rebekah told Sophie.