Chapter 29: Break

Chapter 29: Break

The bad news was Audra and I weren't allowed anywhere near the Eye in the Sky again. Seriously. The good news? The crew who had finally managed to strap us onto a safety gear and take us down was not furious at all. Thus, we weren't given much sanctions, except for staying away from the ride.

Another good news? Hmm. . .

I tried not to move as Audra wrapped her arms around me that morning. We slept on the same bed again. In fact, she put her head on my chest, and was more than happy to snuggle with me. What a good night.

But now, this morning, I was little bit too warm. It was not like this before we slept.

I could probably blame it on the thick comforter, but really. . . It was just my Audra being too sexy for her own good. My imagination was going too wild.

"Good morning," Audra whispered, after about ten minutes of me struggling under the covers. She had her wake-up face, grey eyes blinking at me, hair falling over her forehead. But her hands. . . Her hands traveled down my spine, which made me shiver.

She chuckled. "I like that," she murmured.

"Me too."

Her fingers traveled downward, southward, going onto the band of my sweatpants, then playing on the outside. "What else do you like?" she asked.

I swallowed. Audra's face was playful now— naughty, even. She smirked at my reaction though, her eyes leaving sleepiness.

"Audra. . ."

"Yeah?"

Her hand lowered even more, teasing, playing, before she snapped the waistband of my sweatpants and chuckled at me. "Just kidding," she said. "We have things to do, Pax."

I grabbed her onto me before she could stand though, pinning her into my arms. "Not yet," I murmured.

She paused. Closed her eyes. And in that short amount of seconds, I could feel a combination of gratefulness and want, traveling under my navel.

The gratefulness won, especially when she settled back onto me and kissed my forehead. "Alright," she whispered. "Not yet."

We stayed like that for a few minutes. Just silently breathing in each other's presence. Just knowing that one would be there when the other needs it. I would be proud to call her mine.

Except. . . We hadn't talk about the formalities of our relationship yet. We said we loved each other, yes. But there was one more thing to do before we could drink in this happiness without feeling guilty.

As such, Audra glanced at me, a knowing look on her face. "We should tell him," she whispered.

I nodded.

By him, we meant Hanz. Our protector. Our classmate. And dare I say, best friend. He had pulled us through sticky situations one too many times. But we had yet to tell him that his mom's were gone. Things had happened too fast.

Audra went into the shower first, while I told her I'd be spending time on the balcony gathering my thoughts. For I was thinking; how could you tell someone his mothers were dead? It would be painful beyond expectations for him. I didn't even know how to break it.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Audra was back when I looked over my shoulder. My hands still positioned on the balcony rail.

And I was glad they were, because her just wearing a towel to cover herself, her hair still dripping, her feet without shoes, I was thinking of pretty indecent thoughts.