Chapter 44 - Marry me

Chet's POV:

For the past week, Amity and I have been setting up the nursery. Rather than going crazy with blue's we decided it would be best to keep the room natural colors, that way if we have more children, and if I have it my way, we will have more children, we can keep the room as is and move our Son into another room.

Buzzzz, Buzzzz, Buzzzz my phone vibrates on the tall set of white draws standing in the corner of the room. I reach for it, to find it's Avery calling. She must have got my picture.

"You got the picture?" I question nervously as I answer the phone.

"Oh my God, Chet, it's sooooooo cute." Avery squeals. "She's going to love it, it's simple, but it's her."

"Are you sure?" I ask, conflicted. "I feel like I should be doing more, I should have at least taken her out for dinner or something, I don't know." I sigh.

"Chet, trust me, she's going to love it. You know my sister as well as I do, she doesn't need you to hire a string orchestra and make a public announcement." She giggles.

"Chet, lunch is ready." Amity calls from downstairs.

"I have to go, but I'm sure she'll ring you if she says yes." I whisper.

"She will say yes!" Avery assures. "Goodbye brother." she giggles as she hangs up the phone.

Making my way toward the door, I pull it open and call to Amity from my position. "Hey Am, can I borrow you a second?"

"Sure, I'll bring the sandwiches up." She yells back.

I wait a moment, still in my position, and she makes her way up the stairs with a plate of sandwiches in her hand.

"Here baby." She smiles as she hands me the plate.

I take the plate from her and move into the room, placing it down on top of the dresser next to my phone. I then take her hand and walk her into the room.

Amity's POV:

I step into the nursery and round the corner, that's when I see it. Balloons set up in the room's corner, with Marry me strung across the wall. Quickly, I turn back to Chet, but he is no longer standing; he is down on one knee with a small black open, holding a massive ring.

"I'm tired of calling you my girlfriend, I want to call you my wife." He says nervously. "Will you marry me?"

I love Chet; I love him with all of my heart and I know that he loves me, but never in a million years did I see this coming. Of course we have a baby on the way, and we live together but marriage isn't something we have ever spoken about, I didn't know it was on Chet's radar and now here he is kneeling before me on one knee asking me to be his wife.

I think back to the moment he asked me to be his girlfriend and I giggle softly; he looks even more nervous today than he did back now. Smiling, I respond to him the same way I did when he asked me to be his girlfriend..

"Okay." I nod

"Okay?" He chuckles softly as he stands to his feet, the nerves seemingly leaving his body.

"Yes Chet, I'll marry you!" I giggle as I lean in and press my lips to his.

He kisses me back quickly before stepping back, sliding the 3-carat cushion cut ring onto my finger. It fits perfectly. "It's beautiful," I tell him as I admire it for a moment, before placing my hand on his cheek, pressing my lips to his once more.