Part 19

After about ten more interviews with girls saying, "No I didn't kiss the prince." And "We had an amazing date." It was finally Harriet's turn.
I could tell she was nervous, fidgeting with her sweaty hands and walking a little too quickly to get to her seat.

"How are you, Lady Harriet?" Julia asked as Harriet picked up the microphone.

"I am well, thank you, Julia." Harriet responded with a shy smile.

"So, have you been on a date with the prince yet?" Julia asked.

Harriet blushes, tucking her blonde curls behind her ears before replying, "Yes, actually, we have been on a date."

I see her look over to the prince and see him looking right back at her with the same rosy cheeks.

Julia seems to notice this and looks between the two, "And would you happen to be the lucky girl to get the first kiss?"

Harriet pauses and takes a breath before whispering her answer, "Yes."

Julia's smile widens immensely, "Ah, so you are the lucky girl. How was it, is he a good kisser?"

Harriet looks flustered and she try's to duck her head away, not saying anything.

Julia turns to the prince, "What do you think your highness? Was it a good kiss?"

Poor Prince Thomas looks embarrassed, so he dodges the question altogether, "I did have a nice time with Lady Harriet."

"Neither of you seem like you're going to reveal anything to me. Shame." Julia says while acting disappointed.

I felt bad for the prince, having this moment broadcasted to the world and Julia inspecting his relationships. Everything that happened was very public.

After a few more questions about Harriet's time at the palace, Julia seems bored from lack of new information.

"Well, it seems that Lady Harriet has been most successful at capturing our prince's attention so far. Thank you for your time miss." Julia sums up Harriets interview quickly.

Harriet puts the microphone down after saying a quick thank you. She picks up the ends of her dress and comes over to sit back beside me and I know it's my turn.

I stood up, taking the end of my dress in my hands as I stepped around the chairs and down to the middle of the stage.

"Lady Isabelle, correct?"

I sit down in the stool and pick up the microphone, "Yes." I give a cheery smile and try to get comfortable in the seat.

"And how has your time in the palace been?" Julia began her questions straight away.

"It's been wonderful, Prince Thomas and I have had a nice date and I've enjoyed getting to know the other girls." I say with a smile, sending a grin over her shoulder to the prince.

Julia smiles, "Wonderful, and you come from Australia yes? Are you finding the adjustment difficult?"

"Its certainly a change being in a different country, but we're treated so well here that I'm starting to enjoy it."

"Good to hear." Julia says, then turns in her chair to catch the prince's eye, "Prince Thomas, what do you have to say about Lady Isabelle?"

"She has certainly made it more eventful." Prince Thomas replies with a cheeky grin.

My mind goes back to our date where I ended up asleep, drooling on him. I'll never live that down.

Julia perks up, "Eventful you say? What chaos have you been up to Isabelle?" Raising an eyebrow as she looks for a scoop.