1. the train ride

"Moony, hurry up! We're going to be late!" A black haired girl yelled at her godfather. She smiled a little when she heard his heavy sigh. The man exited his room with a disappointed look on his face.

"Madelyn, what have I told you about yelling in the house?" He questioned, levitating his trunk. She turned red and mumbled an apology before she immediately started complaining

"Stop calling me Madelyn. Lyn is so much better!" The 12 year old exclaimed. Her godfather rolled his eyes and put his arm out. She quickly grabbed on, and the pair apparated to the train station. Lyn looked around in awe for a while as Remus stopped to think about his first time seeing the train. When he noticed Lucius Malfoy staring with a strange look on his face, he grew tense and quickly looked away.

"Come on Lyn, let's get onto the train," Remus said, slight panic in his voice. Lyn nodded, confused by his hurrying. Moony had always been very laid back so this was strange.

"Is everything ok?" She asked as she followed him through the train. He seemed to be looking for a specific compartment to enter. He distractedly nodded to her before opening a door and pulling his trunk into the compartment.  Lyn followed, confused.

"Here we go. Look I'm very tired from last night so I'm going to go to sleep. I'm assuming that you stayed up again so I suggest you do the same," He said, exhaustion clear in his voice. His transition the night before had been bad and had lasted longer than normal. Lyn made it a habit to stay up until he returned home, meaning that she probably only had around 2 hours of sleep.

"Sorry. It's just habit," She stated. Her godfather just smiled at her before pulling her into his shoulder. Within 10 minutes, they were both fast asleep. They both missed the three teens entering the compartment. Lyn was the first to wake up when she got so cold she started shivering. She slowly yawned and opened her eyes, noticing the three other people in the compartment.

"Oh hello. You wouldn't happen to know what is going on, would you?" A bushy haired girl questioned her. Lyn shook her head no and had no time to further question anyone else before the door was suddenly slammed open and she was filled with a sense of sadness. Loud, pleading screams filled her head and she saw flashes of green. She felt as if she was in a trance, not able to tell reality from what was happening in her head.

Suddenly, the feeling of sadness and despair left as quickly as it had appeared, leaving her cold and scared. Before she could react, she was on the floor with another body.

Remus quickly took charge as he saw the two passed out children on the floor. He fought away the urge to stop and stare, as he hadn't been able to see Harry for almost 11 full years.

"What happened to them!?" The bushy haired girl asked, kneeling next to Harry as a red haired kid shook him. Remus didnt answer as he kneeled down next to Lyn.

"Lyn! Lyn!" He shouted shaking her. The red haired boy did the same to Harry before giving up and just slapping him.

"W-what?" Harry asked before seeing the strange man then the girl next to him. The girl slowly stirred and then sat up. Remus quickly pulled her back into the seat next to him and quietly talked to her.

Meanwhile, the trio were trying to figure out what just happened.

"Are you okay?" The red haired boy asked Harry.

"Yeah. What about you Ron, Hermione?" He asked and they both nodded as if to say they're ok. "What happened? Where's that thing? Who was screaming?"

"Harry, no one screamed," Ron said as he and Hermione looked at each other.

"No. Someone screamed," Both Harry and Lyn said at the same time. The trio jumped as they had forgotten about the other occupants of the compartment. Harry and Lyn stared at each other for a few seconds before a loud snapping was heard. Lyn could've sworn she knew the dark haired boy, but that was practically impossible.