- 2 -

"Wait, why'd you wake me up so early?" Eddie asked. The two were cruising down the street, going up onto the sidewalk every time a car zoomed past. "The others wanted to meet up at Ben's underground place. It's his birthday today, remember?" Richie explained. Eddie's mouth opened as he softly said "oh, shit." Richie snorted and looked backwards. "What? You didn't forget did you?" Eddie rolled his eyes. "Of course not." Richie shook his head and looked forward. "You forgot." Eddie opened his mouth in retaliation. "Fuck you, Richie. No I didn't."

"If you didn't forget then you wouldn't have asked me why I woke you up." Eddie huffed out a breath and started the peddle faster to get away from Richie. Richie smiled and sped up to stay close to him.

~~~ a few minutes later ~~~

"Eds!" Richie yelled out. Eddie slowed down and looked over his shoulder. Richie stopped at a corner store, waving Eddie back over. "Why are we stopping here..?" Richie pushed his bike past the metal bars of the bike rack as Eddie climbed off his own bike. "Since it's Ben's birthday, Bev and Mike wanted to do something nice because they're "good people" or some shit," Richie explained, throwing up air quotes. Eddie smiled at Richie's sentence and held the door open for the two to enter. The blasting air cooled down the two boys, giving the, a break from the heat of the sun. "They came up with this plan that Bev, Mike, and Bill all went to the underground hangout to decorate, I was supposed to pick up your lazy ass-"

"Hey!" Eddie said and Richie just snorted. "Am I wrong?" Richie asked as the two stepped into an aisle. "Yes. And you're an asshole." Richie stopped walking and glared at Eddie, who just smiled at him and continued walking. "Anyway," he said, huffing out a breath of air, "I was supposed to pick you up and grab a few snacks while Stan goes to get Ben." Eddie's steps slowed and he stopped in front of the candy. "What did they want us to get?" Eddie asks as he eyed his favorite candy. "I don't fucking know, but whatever we get I bet Ben will eat it." Eddie nodded, but it registered what Richie had said. "Richie! That's so mean!"

Richie laughed and Eddie slapped his arm. "How about some Sour Patch Kids?" Eddie said. "Sure, I bet I'll be able to eat more than you." Eddie rolled his eyes and looked over at Richie. "I hope you do remember last time you challenged me to a Sour Patch Kid eating contest.." Richie grinned and grabbed a bag. "I do remember. I won!"

"And- you also ended up burning off all your tastebuds."

Richie swallowed thickly and looked down at the yellow and green bag. "I'll burn my tastebuds off any day just to beat you," he said with a smile. Eddie deadpanned and turned away. "I'm getting some chips."

The two met up at the cash register. Eddie dropped the bags of chips and liter of Pepsi as Richie dropped the bag of Sour Patch Kids and Eddie's favorite candy. "Hey," Eddie said softly as Richie fished out some money, "when did you grab those?" Richie looked up. "Oh, those? I know you like them so I grabbed some when you tried to abandon me," Richie said and slapped down the few dollars and coins. Eddie looked away to hide his smile as the cashier bagged the food.