Chapter 37

Hey readers,

I am so sorry for the long wait, I know you guys missed me and I hope that I will continue to find the time to work on this for you. I love writing it, to be honest it is my favourite story currently so I love writing it just as much as you like reading it.

Thanks for the continued support

Lots of love

xxx

Chapter 37

Adrian’s Pov

Waking up in the morning I couldn’t help but feel my wolf rise to the surface with concern for its mate, my eyes snapping open as I recalled my harsh and regretful treatment of her last night. I had no idea what I had been thinking, I had made a mistake and I hoped to god I could make it up to her.

Opening my eyes I was relieved when I saw the soft features of my mate greet me, her amber eyes looking into my own and I breathed a sigh of relief when I took note that she was looking at me with concern. Why I had no idea, shouldn’t she hate me right now? I knew if I was me I would be.

“Morning” I smiled, though I knew it probably looked forced.

“You look tired” she informed me, her fingers running down the side of my face as I closed my eyes and soaked up her touch. I didn’t deserve her; she was too good to me.

“I didn’t sleep well, I was worried about you” I told her, keeping my eyes closed. I didn’t want to ruin the moment, I knew we needed to talk but I was terrified that she would ask for space. Space I knew I wouldn’t be able to give her. She was my mate meaning unless she was by my side I didn’t feel whole. Hell if it was possible I would have her near me 24/7 but I knew it wasn’t exactly realistic.

“Why?”

I winced at her confusion, turning to shift onto my side before I opened my eyes to look down at her much smaller form.

How was it possible for her to look as innocent as she did?

“Do you hate me?” I asked, hating how pathetic I sounded but I needed to know. I needed to know how to make this right, how to fix this.

Holly seemed to tilt her head to the side, as if she was thinking back to something which had happened to make her hate me. Hate was a strong word, I knew that and I found myself praying to god that I hadn’t lost my chance with her. I didn’t know what I would do if I had.

“Why would I hate you?” she asked after a few minutes of silence, silence which seemed to feel as if it had gone on for hours rather than mere minutes.

“About last night…” I trailed off.

“I know you were only looking out of me,” Holly cut me off. I was pained to see tears in her bright eyes. “But, I urm….”

When she seemed to stall I didn’t hesitate to pull her into my arms, my leg moving to entwine in the middle of hers as I pulled her close. I breathed in her scent, savouring it.

Neither of us said anything after that, simply enjoying the feeling that being in each other’s company seemed to bring.

After what seemed like days had passed I heard a knock at my door, the sound hesitant and I knew it had gotten around to the pack of how I wasn’t in the mood for any other company than the girl that laid currently in my arms. Being their alpha at times I knew they could sense it, sense how it would suit them better if at times they simply backed away and waited until I approached them.