Bonus Chapter (Vernorexia)

Bonus Chapter 🍂 (18+)
Vernorexia
virn-o-rek-se-ya
noun
a romantic mood inspired by spring

🍁

Late Spring, 2020 🌸

Footsteps echoed throughout the silent house as he walked to where she might be. But she was nowhere to be found. He walked some more, knowing that if she wasn't in their bedroom or the living room then she was at her safe haven.

And he was right. She was there, in the library, cocooning herself with words and wisdom and thoughts.

She sat there. Legs crossed, amber eyes bright, her nose twitching making her look all the more adorable as she read a worn out book she discovered earlier in Mrs. Waltz's shelf from the coffee shop. Letters were strewn about, flower petals littering the wooden floors, she had forgotten to sweep the wilted flowers now lost on her own world, lost by words. Her glasses had fogged up as she took a sip of her hot chocolate and her hair was a tangled mess and she quickly gathered it all and put it in a messy bun. Still, tendrils of hair fell out, the stubborn strands making her look like a lost kitten. She was a mess.

But Noah had never seen anything so beautiful.

"Love?" He announced his presence.

She looked up from the book that she was holding and her eyes brightened even more when she saw him.

Jessica loves words but she loves Noah more. And that spoke volumes when she'd learned to love words all her life because it was all that she had. But now she has Noah and Noah has her.

She immediately stood up upon seeing him. She ran towards him as he waited with open arms catching her as she threw her arms around his neck.

"I missed you." She mumbled and pulled back to kiss him softly on his lips.

"I missed you too baby." He ran his hands through her thighs and wrap them around his waist as he started walking to where Jess was sitting before. Sitting down, he took her face in his hands and pulled her in for a deep kiss.

Kissing her was an addiction. And if ever there was a cure for it, he would never want to know. He'd rather drown without wanting to come back up to survive than living without her soft lips caressing his own. It was the best feeling in the world. He smiled as they kissed.

She was the first one to pull away, breathing aloud, her cheeks pink, lips plump, eyes a little too big than normal. It is said that if you're looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate. Were his eyes big too?

"How was your day?" She asked, running her hands through his hair. She knows he loves her doing that.

"Day was alright. Mr. Winslow accepted the deal despite me being a pain in his ass." He grimaced, remembering how many times he had cancelled their meeting. The first time he had cancelled was when Jess was crying because the damned publishing house took advantage of her. But that was years back and it was for a different project. The rest were history. Now, the project was a security system for his fiancee's security company. Mr. Octavius Winslow had trusted them with this and that was why he was so patient with Noah. Mr. Winslow was going to get married and his fiancee's father was going to hand him their company, adding more power to his currently powerful empire.

"That's great!" She exclaimed. "He must have put a lot of faith in you and Neo."

"He does. I'm not going to fail him." He spoke with determination.

"You never fail people Noah." She smiled earning a smile back from him. He leaned in and nuzzled his nose into her cheek.

"I really missed you today." He had to face a gruelling 12 hours at the office and not see her because of the new project. He was already late when he came to the meeting and after the deal, they went on full planning about what Mr. Winslow wanted. They already delayed the meeting as it is and that was his fault and he'd rather do his work now than later. Fortunately, Neo was a genius already knowing what Mr. Winslow wants and it saved them a few more hours of work. They offered a large sum of money for this project and where Neo was incharge of the brains, Noah was incharge to be wise with money, so they accepted it. "How was your day?"