Book 3 ~ Chapter 11

The next day, the investigation on who let the criminals in Zaofu had begun. Mako and Lei were asked to be part of the investigation since they were detectives. They were in a small room, where they would interrogate all the guards from Zaofu. Aiwei would be the one to ask questions, since he can tell when a person would be lying. Su and Lin stood behind him, while Mako and Lei were standing at the side observing all the possible suspects. Aiwei kept asking the same questions over and over, and he was asking Varrick, right now. What's your name? Where were you last night? Do you have any knowledge of the people who tried to kidnap the Avatar?

"What was I doing last night? Same thing I always do. From nine to ten, I checked my body for ticks. Lyme disease is a serious killer. Then I did my nighty calisthenics followed by thirty minutes of breath holding. I filmed the whole thing if you wanna watch it," Varrick answered.

"That won't be necessary," Aiwei said, as he rubbed the side of his head. Varrick left the room along with Ju Lee.

"Maybe it wasn't a guard after all. Maybe it was someone a little higher up the food chain," Lin said, as she turned to her sister.

"Aiwei, why don't you question Su?" Lin added, Korra rolled her eyes.

"Stop, your sister wasn't involved," Korra said sternly.

"No, I'll gladly be questioned," Su said, as she confidently made her way to the empty seat in front of Aiwei. Lei deeply sighed, she knew that there was no point in doing this.

"What is your full name?" Aiwei started.

"Suyin Beifong, I am the daughter of Toph and the only sister to Lin, and I had nothing to do with the attack last night," Su replied.

Aiwei turned to Lin, "She is telling the truth,"

Korra groaned, "This is a waste of time, bring in the next guard,"

Su stood up from her place and stood next to Mako and I. Korra brought the next guard in, who looked really young. He stepped inside the room and took the seat in front of Aiwei.

"State your name and where you are from," Aiwei said.

"I'm Hong Lee, I was born and raised here in Zaofu," Hong replied.

"Do you have any knowledge of the people who tried to kidnap the Avatar?" Aiwei asked, Hong squinted his eyes.

"No," Hong replied, Aiwei leaned forward on the table. Lei interpreted that he might have gotten the culprit.

"Did you help the attackers enter Zaofu last night?" Aiwei asked.

"No, of course not," Hong replied without hesitation.

"You are lying," Aiwei said, Hong widened his eyes.

"What?! No, I'm not!" Hong exclaimed, Su glared at him and approached him.

"How did they get in and out? Where are they now?" Su asked angrily, as she pushed the guard up against the wall.

"What? I don't know, I'm telling you, I didn't help them," Hong said shakily.

"You're a traitor to this entire clan," Su spat.

"I suggest we search his place," Aiwei suggested.

After the small interrogation, they went over to the home of the suspect to search for clues. His home was small but it was beautifully furnished. Korra and Asami searched through the books, Aiwei searched the shelves, Bolin searched the kitchen, while Mako and Lei were searching his desk. Lei had laid out all the papers she gathered, then Mako started looking through it with her. After a few moments, Mako picked up a small piece of paper with a writing on it. Lei noticed he had found something.